Hawker Hurricane IId

Butler

That's very generous guys :deadhorse:

The paint job is complete for the meantime, it'll just need it's final weathering once all the detail bits are finished.

I've made a start on detailing the engine, just the main bits in so far and it looks fairly shoddy from so close-up! :deadhorse:

post-4669-1256074061.jpg

I made the Rolls placard with some print-on decal film, for once the thickness of the decal proved a plus point!

Here's my tip to avoid wasting loads of decal sheet for something so small - print onto normal paper first and then stick a small bit of decal sheet over that so the printer catches it :deadhorse:

post-4669-1256074672.jpg

Masterful work on the Hurri. Butler---sorry I have'nt mentioned it earlier. Your skinning techniques now seem very matured indeed----and remember I was (slightly) sceptical when you started your Tiffie.---but Quickly became a believer!

All the Best,

Dave.

Thanks for the interest guys, and good to see you back around Dave :frantic:

I haven't done much in the last couple of days, just added some wires, hoses and cowling framework to the engine.

You'll notice the gun-bay is currently completely empty - any help with references for a mk iid or mkiv would be very welcome! I've left a cutout for the 'S' gun loading mechanism as per some pics i've seen but i've no idea of the rest. I've taken a bit of artistic license and imagined that the plane had been fitted with all eight .303s at some point and the old doped canvas protection is still on the wing covering the holes (much faded), with a newer doped piece for the single .303 left for sighting the 'S' gun.

post-4669-1256680275.jpg

• 1 month later...

Moved into my new place now but I have to wait for Christmas before my internet is connected :)

In the meantime i'm checking from work and i'll post these couple of pics over the sllloooowww connection here at work :speak_cool:

post-4669-1259587339.jpg

• 1 month later...

Kit tail wheel tyre with new bits. I drilled a hole into the tyre and inserted a length of paperclip which goes up into the plane through a small alu tube for strength. It looks delicate but will just bend if any pressure is applied!

(sorry about all the dust in the pic :thumbsup: )

post-4669-1264014103.jpg

• 4 months later...

wow

i have just read through this build and also seen your Typhoon from a while back and i am stunned

what awesome modelling skill, and what an amazing look you end up with

very envious of your abilities and tenacity!

Nick (who now feels very guilty at all the aftermarket stuff he buys!)