Huey Helicopter/ ITS DONE/FINISHED YEEEAAAHHH!!!!

shark64

Oliver, as always you leave us thunderstruck by you attention to detail. :rolleyes:

The screens and the interior bracing are extremely well done.

I’ll use your approach to build framing “square and ruled straight edge for spacing”.

Tada! Grand Idea!!!!!!!! :doh:

However I have to ask.

With the level of detail you’ve achieved on the inside of the cowl doors; shouldn’t the “gill vents” be visibly open on the interior?

It’s just a thought. :shrug:

Awesome Work!

Barry

Oliver, as always you leave us thunderstruck by you attention to detail. :rolleyes:

The screens and the interior bracing are extremely well done.

I’ll use your approach to build framing “square and ruled straight edge for spacing”.

Tada! Grand Idea!!!!!!!! :doh:

However I have to ask.

With the level of detail you’ve achieved on the inside of the cowl doors; shouldn’t the “gill vents” be visibly open on the interior?

It’s just a thought. :shrug:

Awesome Work!

Barry

Hi Barry,

you are correct about the grill vents they should be carried open on the inside. Believe or not I wasn't able to duplicate them when I tried on plastic pieces. you brought a good point.

Oliver

Hi Barry,

you are correct about the grill vents they should be carried open on the inside. Believe or not I wasn't able to duplicate them when I tried on plastic pieces. you brought a good point.

Oliver

I use a Mission Models Chisel as a scraper and get nice results.

I've also taken one and ground it down to a .5MM width.

Here are a few photos of the “gill vents on my A-7 and the F-8.

I think it works very well, but you would have to be a lot on the inside than I was!

I violated one of my own rules; making it right regardless of if it will be seen!

Again, Awesome work!

post-4217-1286918983.jpg

post-4217-1286918997.jpg

post-4217-1286919278.jpg

post-4217-1286919289.jpg

I use a Mission Models Chisel as a scraper and get nice results.

I've also taken one and ground it down to a .5MM width.

Here are a few photos of the “gill vents on my A-7 and the F-8.

I think it works very well, but you would have to be a lot on the inside than I was!

I violated one of my own rules; making it right regardless of if it will be seen!

Again, Awesome work!

Barry

I had seen your work on the vents before....so perfect. I dont have the chisel from Mission. I should buy it.

It might be too late on the vents.

Oliver

Oli,

It's difficult to know what to say...Awesome is inadequate...outstanding is over worked, excellent is mediocre and superb is benign...There's no description for your work...

Best,

Geoff

Thanks for that. believe me I take my inspiration from other modelers from this site. So many incredible builders.

Anyway I made a mistake on the left brace so I had to do some plastic surgery in order to correct the mistake. I had built the two braces identical and they are not.So heres the new brace redone.

Oliver

medevachuey042.jpg

medevachuey041-1.jpg

medevachuey039.jpg

medevachuey036-2.jpg

medevachuey033-1.jpg

medevachuey038-1.jpg