Czech Model 1/32 F-80C

Barry

Kit arrived today from Sprue Brothers.

First impression is that moldings are clean very little if any flash. Panel lines are fine and hinge details are nicely done.

Surface of several pieces is a little rough, nothing a rubbing down will not cure.

Wing, Elevator and Rudder trailing edges are thin and should finish nicely.

One of my wings had minor damage on the trailing edge possible from shipping, easily fixed.

Cockpit detail is not bad but could have been a little more pronounced I think.

Etched Instrument Panel is nicely done to include the proper "yellow" color found on instruments of the time.

Resin parts are up to Squadron's normal standards.

Large Decal sheet is beautifully done by Aero Master giving three different choices.

Instruction booklet in nicely illustrated though I saw a couple of items with vague locations noted.

Overall I think they have a winner here. The kit should build into an excellent representation of this early jet.

I may have to stop one of my other projects and take a crack at this one.

Barry :)

I'll getting mine on Tuesday..

I have a pile of references for this one. I will be looking closely at a resin 'pit and possibly the wheelwell/airbrake replacement.

Cheers,

Harold

I'll getting mine on Tuesday..

I have a pile of references foe this one. I will be looking closely at a resin 'pit and possibly the wheelwell/airbrake replacement.

Cheers,

Harold

Harold,

Looking forward to any and all upgrades you offer for this one.

Barry

Harold,

Looking forward to any and all upgrades you offer for this one.

Barry

We shall see on Tuesday what I can do for it....

I wish I had an inside connection, I would already have something ready if I did.

The canopy looks like it's more representative of the P-80A/B with the pointy tail end.

clear_parts_fs.jpg

The F-80C had a slightly extended bit at the aft end of the canopy:

Canopycomparisoncopy.gif

Should be a dead easy fix, though.

I've got mine on order from Rollmodels and can't wait to get it!

Cheers,

Tony

Well guys I got my F-80 today.I only had a short time to open it and look over the contents, before I had to leave for work.I must say I am impressed so far. I was wondering if anyone could steer me to good walk around site.I have been trying to compile my references, but all I can find so far is the "in action" book by Squadron.

All in all, a good book for exterior reference, but not as much for interior details.Any good walk around site showing better cockpit details? Well I think this will definately make a great replica of this jet. Thanks all, Chris F.

Well guys I got my F-80 today.I only had a short time to open it and look over the contents, before I had to leave for work.I must say I am impressed so far. I was wondering if anyone could steer me to good walk around site.I have been trying to compile my references, but all I can find so far is the "in action" book by Squadron.

All in all, a good book for exterior reference, but not as much for interior details.Any good walk around site showing better cockpit details? Well I think this will definately make a great replica of this jet. Thanks all, Chris F.

See if these help:

http://uscockpits.com/Jet%20Fighters/F-80C...ting%20Star.JPG

http://uscockpits.com/Jet%20Fighters/F-80C...ting_Star21.jpg

The site is an excellent resource for cockpit pix: http://uscockpits.com/

:P Les (Friendly Airplane Asylum flack)