Czech Model 1/32 F-80C

Barry

Harold,

Got the cockpit.Sent you an e-mail.Once I hear from ya I will post up a pic and a review.Hint: It is awesome! Thanks, Chris

Go for it....tell us all what you think so far.

I have the tub in rubber right now with more details (the rails)

I'll know in the morning if it will cast properly.

Go for it....tell us all what you think so far.

I have the tub in rubber right now with more details (the rails)

I'll know in the morning if it will cast properly.

Hello all. As posted earlier in this thread, Harold sent me his cockpit for the F-80.I received it yesterday, along with the joystick. My first impressions are that this will be an outstanding upgrade for your F-80.It is cast in the gray resin that I am sure alot of you are familiar with.There are no bubbles or pin holes and IMHO it is of the finest quality.Of couse it is not completely finished yet,but the detail that has been added is very crisp, with the exception of the circuit/push to test board.On this panel the larger buttons are very crisp and well defined,but the smaller detail as Harold already stated will be difficult to paint and detail by dry brushing. Again, Harold is already aware of this and will be trying to improve this. It is gonna be difficult to make these accurate and still visible enough to detail paint. From what I have seen so far, if anyone can do it, it will be Harold.I am amazed with the joystick. It has been done correctly and is a much needed improvement over the kit.I really am greatful to Harold for sending me these 2 pieces to review. It has been an honor.I am covered up in work, but will try to paint up what he sent me and post it ASAP.I cannot wait to see this set finished.

Chris F.

Harold

i can hardly wait. :rolleyes:

looks great as always

thanx again for not quiting when other guy anounced his :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glen

I decided to continue after studying the video that Squadron posted on the net. Looks like Jefs superb workmanship. (it looks a bit odd to me)

Update:

F-80tub-3.jpgF-80tubinfuselage.jpg

I just stuck the seat tub in to see how it fit. I still need to add the rear mechanism and belts.

F-80mockup.jpg

F-80tub-4.jpg

Compare the left side console (starb'd side in the 'pit)

The details will be added the other side this weekend.

Also, take a look at the square hole for the joystick. I thought up a little gimmick for ya'll. I have the joystick boot designed to fit down into the hole. It has a slight bevel on the bottom , so that if you wish to have the stick off to the side, or wherever, it will look natural. (and will be a lot easier to paint)

I checked out the Avionix set over at HyperScale site. I looks like they added the correct seat. Now it looks a lot better.

It still looks odd to me, maybe due to the exaggerated side consoles. He has one of them sitting way up. I haven't found anything that looks like that. Again, maybe it just me....