Czech Model 1/32 F-80C

Barry

Harold

Looking Good!

Sounds like your "gimmick" for the stick will work well for those wanting to position the flight control surfaces.

Good planning.

I had the same thoughts when I looked at the Avionix set regarding the detail on the side consoles.

Barry

I checked out the Avionix set over at HyperScale site. I looks like they added the correct seat. Now it looks a lot better.

It still looks odd to me, maybe due to the exaggerated side consoles. He has one of them sitting way up. I haven't found anything that looks like that. Again, maybe it just me....

Update:

I have been scanning through my refs, it looks like the Avionix pit tub is a "generic" tub. It has some details that are in the F-80A, IE:the raised console panel, the throttle track and a few other small details.

Hello Harold

That looks very good B) , how much the Price/available for your Cockpit Set ?

greetings Michael

It is goingto be a couple more weeks before I have the avialable. Maybe soner, but I want to make sure I get them correct.

The pricing is around $32 shipped right now. I will see what it cost me before a firm price.

Ah...

Caught up now. I got my kitb on Saturday from a friend. Robun Olds 'Scat-X', here I come!

Killer work as usual harold.

Will

Thanks Will.

Now I need to get life out of the way of making resin..

Thanks Will.

Now I need to get life out of the way of making resin..

Good luck there! I'm having a hard time getting life out of the way just to build a model for more than 5 minutes a day! One of the reasons why I am slow as Christmas in my builds.

Any plans on making P-80A parts? For those of us who are rather nuts?

Good luck there! I'm having a hard time getting life out of the way just to build a model for more than 5 minutes a day! One of the reasons why I am slow as Christmas in my builds.

Any plans on making P-80A parts? For those of us who are rather nuts?

No plans right now.

I checked out the Avionix set over at HyperScale site. I looks like they added the correct seat. Now it looks a lot better.

It still looks odd to me, maybe due to the exaggerated side consoles. He has one of them sitting way up. I haven't found anything that looks like that. Again, maybe it just me....

Update:

I have been scanning through my refs, it looks like the Avionix pit tub is a "generic" tub. It has some details that are in the F-80A, IE: the piping along the right sidewall, the raised console panel, the throttle track and a few other small details.

Looks like they are putting two seats in the kit. Early and Late.

Are there armrests on the seat in A? I can't find a picture of an A seat anywhere other than a little bit of the top with the bar and belts. Is the seat bucket basically the same shape as the later seats?

Rick L.

I have all the manuals on the F-80's.

The drawings show no arm rest. It looks similar to the P-38 seat!

There are no foot troughs. The right console resembles the Avionix pit, but the left is very different than the C pit.

I have my 'pit version sitting in rubber right now. I will see what it looks like tomorrow.

If I see that there will be enough interest in the early A's, I may do one for that as well.

We shall see.

I read somewhere that the A models did use a P-38 seat originally, just as their tip tanks were derived from the P-38. Typical Kelly Johnson. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

That's what it looks like.

I am following this with some interest, mainly because I would love to find a T-33 in this scale. Anybody here care to venture an opinion on the likelihood they might put out a T-bird based on this kit?

ALF