1/32 Tojo

skyhawk486

I've been hemming & hawing about putting this one up for a while ( along with a few other Scratchbuilder kits I have. Once Hasegawa announced the injection Tojo kit.....BINGO, see yah !!! Got rid of the P-39 when that was announce, the TBM when Trumpeter announced theirs. Didn't mean to rain on anyones parade.

This is actually sensible thinking and is happening more and more.

E.g. Revell Corsair, Mustangs, P-40s, P-47s, Me 110, Bf 109G, Me 262 etc, etc...

I imagine the same fate will become the Matchbox and old Hasegawa 109E.

The real shame is that many of these old vacs will end up in the hands of collectors who will never build them.

A Tojo . Not bad and I'm sure it's a nice kit ,but a rather sterile choice. It's saving grace with me is that it sort of has the bulbous look of a "bubbletop" P-47 . At least they got this one out of the way. Speaking of safe choices I wish they would release a "Razorback" P-47 while they're at it, and a Mk.1 Hurricane.

Anyway, with some of the companies producing the larger 1/32 scale 2 engine kits, I wish Hasegawa would crank out the "WOW " factor with a 1/32 B-25! Now that would shake up the model world!

Anyone with me on this one?

Just dreaming, :(

TENCH

I think our best bet there is Revell. They've done the Mossie, Beau, -110 C & G, and the JU-88. My bet: Revell of Germany.

Maybe Trump.......

Yep Mike, you're probably right about those companies, but I think Hasegawa would do a great job of it and really do it justice based on their current kits. ( although it is unlikely for them to do it)

TENCH

Hej guys, just got back myself from the show today... and I have to say I'm tired and my feet are sore.... it was a busy, busy time!! Lots of projects coming our way in the future.... and yes I saw the advert at the Hasegawa stand for the 1/32 scale Ki 44........... tooling in China, and should be ready soon... check out the pic I snuck in!

Cheers

Alan

post-10-1234015792.jpg

I've been hemming & hawing about putting this one up for a while ( along with a few other Scratchbuilder kits I have. Once Hasegawa announced the injection Tojo kit.....BINGO, see yah !!! Got rid of the P-39 when that was announce, the TBM when Trumpeter announced theirs. Didn't mean to rain on anyones parade.

Seen on Ebay this morning when l was checking, did you decide to put it up for sale dan??

I doubt you'll ever see anything that big from Hasegawa. That'd be more of a Trumpeter release. It would be nice to have a really well detailed widow.

I'd go along with that. The Black Widow's a cool aircraft but I think Trumpeter's more likely to do that than Hasegawa.

• 3 weeks later...
This is actually sensible thinking and is happening more and more.

E.g. Revell Corsair, Mustangs, P-40s, P-47s, Me 110, Bf 109G, Me 262 etc, etc...

I imagine the same fate will become the Matchbox and old Hasegawa 109E.

The real shame is that many of these old vacs will end up in the hands of collectors who will never build them.

Allok,

Not all of us will keep the vacuform kits.

When I get an injection molded kit for an airplane I sell off the vacuform version on ebay or I trade them. They do not bring much but thats OK. Its only money.

Also I really like the old Revell and Matchbox kits. I am NOT a detail oriented modeler. So I build them and paint them various ways.

I just do not care about the Fine Scale approach to modeling.

Stephen

It's so beautiful...

14223424498.jpg

I can't wait!

I was trying to think why you were so happy abou tit - then I got it...

Chris you and i only like it cos it looks like a Jug with the wing pushed a little forward!

Ads :lol: