He 219 "Uhu" vac

Chris/Germany

Now you are talking man. It was not that difficult to fix but you got it right. the shells are quite ajob to make but worth it. The wing looks abolutely brilliant. By the way, great work on the guns, they look spot on. this is going to be your best build ever, take your time it is really worth it. it is such a beautiful plane, one of a kind, too bad only one of them was kept after the war. have you chosen a color scheme? There is one particular example which I had built in 72nd scale which looks great. it had the usual night fighter como of blue and grey mottle with one wing in black on the underside. there are a few photos but it is quite unusual. Just a suggestion.

Thanx Brian, shouldn´t have doubt your research ;-)

Bout the cammo sheme: think I´ll do the the 290123, ´cause I´love the nightfighters with black undersides and so it will fit to the next planes for the "nightfighter-collection" I have planned and also to the already finished Me262

post-44-1231247563.jpg

Looking good, though a couple of detail corrects - the gun you scratch-built (nice job) is an Mk108 30mm, and the ammo is not the right shape for any of the guns on the He219. The projectile would be nearly the same length as the cartridge case, and each part would have a length/diameter ratio of only about 4:1, fairly stubby. The 20mm Mg151/20 and Mg131 13mm(not fitted on the He219) have similarly short and stubby cases.

You´re right Steve, should have typed "MK108"...............simply a typo error, but regarding to the references I have ( drawing attched) a lenght / diameter ratio of 4:1 doesn´t sound right!.............that would mean a shell with 30mm diameter would only be 120 mm in lenght!........the drawing attached shows other measurements.

However, I won´t drill/sand nearly 100 pieces ( for only one side of the wings) again and insert the ones I have.

By the way: does anybody know the colour of the shells?............back half is natural metal, this I know, but I have seen some ( modelling ) pictures were the front half is coloured, for example yellow............any suggestions here?

Thanx for your help

cheers

Chris

post-44-1231270770.jpg

Hi Chris

Beautiful work - this is going to look stunning when finished.

Regarding colouring of ammo - following link takes you to a nice page showing various colourings for Luft shells.

Link

This is taken from 'Inert-Ord.Net Ej's Ordnance Show & Tell Pages'.

If you are asked for a uusername & password put in user open password 1945

Hope this helps.

Matt

Wow Chris, un-real scratch work there. You have far more patients than I doooo

Looks great

Ron

PS do you stil need those bombs from the Fisher Fury? I found mine, they dropped behind a stash of kits and I don't need them

Ron

• 3 weeks later...