He 219 "Uhu" vac

Chris/Germany

pacience, guys, pacience!.............it´s really a "very long-time project" :rolleyes:

She has to wait a bit because of having to finish two customers builds ( for example a Williams brothers " Sparrowhawk"- kit for one of the chiefs of the Zeppelinmuseum in Friedrichshafen), but I managed to install both motors into their nacelles, waiting for more detailing, here it is:

Thanx for your nice comments,

cheers

Chris

post-44-1233481660.jpg

Thanx again guys for you kind words, keeps me in the mood to continue this beast!

Pics of the Sparrowhawk ( Williams bros. kit) will be posted as soon as I have finished it, still fighting with the decals and this fu...in wiring ( wings), will post them in a new thread to prevent this thread from a "kit - mismatch".

Yeas, I have done masters for the engines, but I´m pretty sure they won´t work for any other kit because: scalewise they are somewhwere in between 1 /32 and 1/24.............an original 1/32 MDC resin engine did not fit into the nacelles ( much to small and to short), an 1/24 plastic engine from an unbuild TRUMP Me109 did fit in width but was a bit too long.........could depend on the accuracy of the Vac-kit/ parts itself-

thats why I scratched my engines ( did a copy from the 1/24 engine and cheated a bit with lenght at the aft-end) and scratched parts like compressor intakes .

Because of the mentioned scale mismatch the engine won´t fit into any other 1/32 kit.................EXCEPT YOU PLAN TO DO A 1/32 He 219!..........if it´s so the I could do some copies for you.

Thanx again guys,

cheers

Chris "the ripper"

Thanx again guys for you kind words, keeps me in the mood to continue this beast!

Pics of the Sparrowhawk ( Williams bros. kit) will be posted as soon as I have finished it, still fighting with the decals and this fu...in wiring ( wings), will post them in a new thread to prevent this thread from a "kit - mismatch".

Yeas, I have done masters for the engines, but I´m pretty sure they won´t work for any other kit because: scalewise they are somewhwere in between 1 /32 and 1/24.............an original 1/32 MDC resin engine did not fit into the nacelles ( much to small and to short), an 1/24 plastic engine from an unbuild TRUMP Me109 did fit in width but was a bit too long.........could depend on the accuracy of the Vac-kit/ parts itself-

thats why I scratched my engines ( did a copy from the 1/24 engine and cheated a bit with lenght at the aft-end) and scratched parts like compressor intakes .

Because of the mentioned scale mismatch the engine won´t fit into any other 1/32 kit.................EXCEPT YOU PLAN TO DO A 1/32 He 219!..........if it´s so the I could do some copies for you.

Thanx again guys,

cheers

Chris "the ripper"

I'd be interested in the engines. I have this 219 waiting for me to gather info for it. And a large helping of guts to try and build it. Love the work so far. Please keep posting pics.

James

Chris, I had used the Verlinden engine from the Me109 detail set.

Interesting. I wonder if it is because your fantastic build used the ID kit, but Chris is using the Combat version. Could there be that much difference?? :D

Lee