Trumpeter A-7D, Updated 12/14/15, Seeking Your Opinion

Barry

Temporary glazing fitted to check "theory".

Anyone know of a possible option for a very light green tinted clear .010 to .015 styrene for the center armored glazing.

I am trying to avoid having to paint clear styrene green.

Hello Barry, i just "stumbled" onto this item, i must say i'm really impressed, a very fine job you're doing, outstanding.

Longing to see the end result, happy modeling,

J :)

Dang Barry, you're going all the way with your scratch build skills. Doing your own canopy....wow!! You got MAD SKILLS my friend. I just bought the Zacto's conversion to fix the canopy and intake problem in this kit. Thanks for the info on the PE details set. I will try to find this "Scale Hardware" company and get their stuff.

Well, keep up the good work and keep the photos coming. Oh and you are very welcome regarding Brian.

Mike

Barry-

You can tint smaller pieces of clear styrene with Future and food coloring- mix up Future and Green to the shade you want, dip it, and let it dry-

Another option is Tamiya Clear Green- That lays down pretty nicely when sprayed- I did that for a client's UH-1 I built-

Great Work so far- Keep it up-

THOR

Dang Barry, you're going all the way with your scratch build skills. Doing your own canopy....wow!! You got MAD SKILLS my friend. I just bought the Zacto's conversion to fix the canopy and intake problem in this kit. Thanks for the info on the PE details set. I will try to find this "Scale Hardware" company and get their stuff.

Well, keep up the good work and keep the photos coming. Oh and you are very welcome regarding Brian.

Mike

I had already reworked the Seamless Sucker intake and had my windscreen and canopy framework about complete when I found out about Chris's "Zactomodels" excellent kit. His intake is much better in my opinion as it is deeper and has a better shape than the Seamless Sucker's which is usable just requires more work.

You will be glad you purchased the kit, it will save you a ton of work, I only wish I had found it sooner.

I do intend to use the excellent canopy Zactoman includes in the kit as I have been unsuccessful at forming my own.

Thanks for your kind words.

Barry

Here is the info on Scale Hardware. Steve's hardware is excellent, I have found nothing better than the real think.

scalehardware.com

Barry-

You can tint smaller pieces of clear styrene with Future and food coloring- mix up Future and Green to the shade you want, dip it, and let it dry-

Another option is Tamiya Clear Green- That lays down pretty nicely when sprayed- I did that for a client's UH-1 I built-

Great Work so far- Keep it up-

THOR

Thanks THOR,

I will have a go at the Future and food coloring. I like that idea better than the Clear-Green.

Here's a couple of pics of the work I've done on the Arresting Hook.

The USAF hook is very different than the USN hook. It was never intended to sustain the same stresses that the Navy hook does.

The bow developed after I finished rebuilding to Air Force style. Should be no problem to straighten out.

post-4217-1228347900.jpg

Looking nice Barry. I check out the scale hardware...dude all that stuff is crazy. I think I'm going to get some miniatures rivets for sure. All, I need to figure out what will be correct size for a 1/32 jet. I think they will be great on the A-10. Especially, on the back of the tail end were I will lost rivets during joining up of the rear fuselage.

Also, I said Hi to Brian for you. Told him about you working on his jet back in the days and that you are building model of an A-7 from his squadron. He said he love to see it.

Keep up the dang good buddy!! :rolleyes:

Mike

Hello, Barry,

inspiring work, is your detail knowledge greatly; As well these used materials .

My favourites are not modern age jet but I become pursue the making of your A-7D,

because one can always learn what.

Still a question:

Do you have a machine to the wood block to edit, in Germany told Drexelmachine.

Pitbiker