Trumpeter A-7D, Updated 12/14/15, Seeking Your Opinion

Barry

Hello, Barry,

inspiring work, is your detail knowledge greatly; As well these used materials .

My favourites are not modern age jet but I become pursue the making of your A-7D,

because one can always learn what.

Still a question:

Do you have a machine to the wood block to edit, in Germany told Drexelmachine.

Pitbiker

Thank you for your comments.

The wood block you are asking about for the canopy and windscreen was laid out by hand on basswood and carved the same way, no machine other than a Zacto knife and sandpaper.

Barry

This is very fine to watch "in process," especially like the canopy windscreen develop along..Wow!, this is special.

Yep, it sure is. The man is doing a outstanding job. I'm about to mail my A-7 to him cause looking at his work.......I give up. knife on the take, glue jar is glued shut (no longer sniffin' it :P ) and stepping away from the table with hands in the air......... :lol:

Mike

Hey Barry I don;t know how I missed all of this mind blowing work you have been doing here. This is simply amazing stuff. the detail is awesome, prcise and so clean. What a great build. it is a pity to have to paint some of it because all the work you did will be lost under the paint. What else can I say, a truly awesome job!!

Barry,

I have just caught up with this build of your, and most excellent it is as well - I like your building style :blink:. The A-7 is one of those charismatic aeroplanes, and I like it very much. Your build tells me a few things; You are very intimate with the finer points of this aircraft (I am ware that you worked on them), you have amassed a great deal of technical information for this aircraft, you have many years of modelling experience - the quality of your workmanship proves this, and most importantly, you have a real passion for this aircraft!

Well done Barry - I shall follow this one through to completion.

Best regards

Derek

Toughest part was trying to close up the model seam in the stiffening structure (bands) inside the tail section.

I added the bulkhead and the mounting bolts/nuts for the aft mounting points of the horizontal stabilizer.

Great phoots of this area in the Verliden A-7D, Lock On no. 9.

post-4217-1229081164.jpg

Barry, continued stupendous work........would you post a straight on pic of the tail opening?

Thanks

Here are a couple with that view at least nearly

post-4217-1229109873.jpg