Sign in to follow this  
DaveJ

Welcome to the Carrier Based Aircraft GB!

Ah, yeah, I thought about this one for a nanosecond, too! :P I'd love to see it, if someone would try his hands on this one.

The Navy did some carrier trials with a CIA U-2R in 1969 aboard the USS America. Some infos can be found in the Squadron/Signal "In Action" issue on the U-2/TR-1 :blink:

Well I'm going to re-enter my 32nd scale Hornet :huh: :blink: ;)

Thanx dave for letting me in on this GB, I hoep I can finisch it off now, I'll start the thread later today, to show you guys where I am so far with this beast. Its been bugging me from day one for some odd reason, its a lovely kit and it has its shortcomings but hey don't they all, but for some reason I just keep pushing this one off my bench in favor of others :huh:

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

I have an old Corsair F4U-1 1/32 by Revell that I will like to start as part of this group bilding

:blink:

Thanks

Gennaro

I've been ummming and arring about this when I saw it for the last 2 days. Is it too late? I have 2 qualifiers for this.

Never too late! AFAIK there is no cut off date for joining. And even if there were, it would be much later than this. I say go for it!

Kev

Great. I also have the Revell 1/32 Sea Venom - same as what your building except it's a rebox and moulded in white, different squadron squadron markings for the Aussie version though. I've seen plenty of Royal Navy ones but the Oz version appeals. Otherwise I could switch to the Revell Wildcat from the '70's if there's no duplicates. To be built mostly OOB.

Hey, Guys- Harv here, (the new kid on the block)...can I bring my styrene & play, too? Mentioned over in my intro thread about a started-but-stalled Hasegawa TA-4J, intended as an in-flight display for a co-worker who used to fly them in the training command as an instructor pilot with VT-7. Not much past some basic cockpit & seat dry-fitting, with a little pre-shade panel line painting, and okay, I've added & faired-in the port intake...

Has_TA-4J_Fuse1.JPG

If I get an okay, I'll post to an individual build thread.

Hey, Guys- Harv here, (the new kid on the block)...can I bring my styrene & play, too? Mentioned over in my intro thread about a started-but-stalled Hasegawa TA-4J, intended as an in-flight display for a co-worker who used to fly them in the training command as an instructor pilot with VT-7. Not much past some basic cockpit & seat dry-fitting, with a little pre-shade panel line painting, and okay, I've added & faired-in the port intake...

If I get an okay, I'll post to an individual build thread.

Go for it Harv. Your only impediment now is time!

Kev

Go for it Harv. Your only impediment now is time!

Kev

...And what a hurdle indeed! :blink: Will do my best- Thanks-

I would like do bring in the FROG Hellcat, the one I got from Erwin. US Navy style. To be honest I want to try and impress Russ by doing this real fast, so no more sleep till xmas!!

Rick.

I would like do bring in the FROG Hellcat, the one I got from Erwin. US Navy style. To be honest I want to try and impress Russ by doing this real fast, so no more sleep till xmas!!

Rick.

Go for it Rick. Line 'er up and kick 'er off!

Kev

Sign in to follow this