Wild Hare/Cutting Edge/Meteor 1/32 Brit Phantom Conversion

seiran01

SO, the big question is, how much did all the resin sell for? How about the F-16XL too? I never saw pricing on any of these on his website.

A friend of mine has one comming and he paid £275 ish for it! More than i would pay i must say.

The turbines don't look so hot, true. But then, I'm building a Tamiya Phantom now and have yet to shine a flashlight up its pipes to look at those, either. I kinda feel silly for spending as much time on 'em as I did! The Nozzles are more of a concern to me. Hopefully they'll look a bit more detailed in person.

I guess my real issue is that as far as I know only one customer has seen the real deal, and yet the internet is awash in gripes and bashing over a kit that nobody has seen! The one thread I've read (on here) from that one customer seemed to indicate it looked really good. The emails from Meteor are often a bit over-the-top and all that, but I'm not worried about anyone's emails. If the conversion looks good to me, it'll be up to me to decide whether I've 'been had' or not.

The turbines don't look so hot, true. But then, I'm building a Tamiya Phantom now and have yet to shine a flashlight up its pipes to look at those, either. I kinda feel silly for spending as much time on 'em as I did! The Nozzles are more of a concern to me. Hopefully they'll look a bit more detailed in person.

I guess my real issue is that as far as I know only one customer has seen the real deal, and yet the internet is awash in gripes and bashing over a kit that nobody has seen! The one thread I've read (on here) from that one customer seemed to indicate it looked really good. The emails from Meteor are often a bit over-the-top and all that, but I'm not worried about anyone's emails. If the conversion looks good to me, it'll be up to me to decide whether I've 'been had' or not.

Well said,

one thing I know for sure it will be pretty accurate as I was with Dave when we measured every bit of the plane in Hendon we also photographed a lot of the plane at the same time, now what the resin bits turn out like I don't know as I have not seen them yet but they don't look too bad in the pics on here so let us wait till it comes before we make comments.

Ted

Discussion and intelligent debate is encouraged.

We have no affiliation with Meteor or Dave personally on LSP but the staff take the 'rules of the road' seriously.

This is why posts that simply ignored those rules in this thread have been deleted. If you're new to the site, it would be prudent to read the sticky threads.

Discussion and intelligent debate is encouraged.

We have no affiliation with Meteor or Dave personally on LSP but the staff take the 'rules of the road' seriously.

This is why posts that simply ignored those rules in this thread have been deleted. If you're new to the site, it would be prudent to read the sticky threads.

Did I say something wrong?

Did I say something wrong?

Hi Ted.

I don't think it was you. There were some other posts yesterday before you posted that may have caused LSP_Matt's response.

Hey I am wondering though, do you think Mr. Klaus might be inclined to offer a mini-conversion set. I’ve read Mr. Mitchell’s article about his wonderful FGR-2 conversion of Tamiya’s F-4J and the only thing that has kept me from following in his path is the Spey turbojet exhaust nozzles. If Mr. Klaus were to offer the nozzles, the intake ducts, the Mk 5 seats and the fin tips, I would be very willing to purchase a set and “put up” with an FGR 2 with a slightly larger wing span than the “real” thing.

Oh and BTW thank you for your very helpful reviews on your web site. They helped me with my Tamyia F-4J and Revel Tornado. And your Revell F-4E article has been quite helpful in my current project.

Mark B.

Hi Ted.

I don't think it was you. There were some other posts yesterday before you posted that may have caused LSP_Matt's response.

Hey I am wondering though, do you think Mr. Klaus might be inclined to offer a mini-conversion set. I’ve read Mr. Mitchell’s article about his wonderful FGR-2 conversion of Tamiya’s F-4J and the only thing that has kept me from following in his path is the Spey turbojet exhaust nozzles. If Mr. Klaus were to offer the nozzles, the intake ducts, the Mk 5 seats and the fin tips, I would be very willing to purchase a set and “put up” with an FGR 2 with a slightly larger wing span than the “real” thing.

Oh and BTW thank you for your very helpful reviews on your web site. They helped me with my Tamyia F-4J and Revel Tornado. And your Revell F-4E article has been quite helpful in my current project.

Mark B.

Hi Mark Not sure if Dave's moulds will stand up to any more pulls, it seems his 100 limit was due to moulds wearing out after so many but that does seem like a good Idea why don't you E-mail him and see what he says.

Glad my reviews helped you out after all that is why we write them,,

Good luck

Ted

Well my payment fro my set came off on the 11th of December - so its ust a waiting game until my one turns up - at least it leaves me plenty of time to source a cheap tamiya f-4j(!)

I've been spending a lot of time with Ian black's book, "The last of the Phantoms" - I'd go so far as to say its a must have if your lucky enough to be working on a Brit Phantom conversion - in fact the 19Sq aircraft on the decal sheet is depicted in a couple of very nice pics - pure modelling gold as regards reference work ..