MDC Tony - My first model since the very tender age of 13

crobinsonh

Here is a small update that I forgot to put up! Lots of problems with the Tony - not least that the two halves where different lengths and the area under the engine at the front has had to be built up as the resin was incomplete. I was going to do this as an NMF bird - but I am not sure that this will work out with all of the issues I have had, some of my own making and some of this particulars model.

MDCTONYTopViewLarge.jpg

MDCTonyTopLeftLarge.jpg

MDCTony-BottomUpLarge.jpg

Still - I am planning to push ahead with this when I go through periods of frustration with the Trumpeter Frightning.

Regards

Go go go! This Bird is halfway done, and you did a wonderful job so far! I´m sure she will look fantastic with a NMF, also your rivets will come out much better then.

I have the MDC Typhoon, and she suffers from similiar issues. Can be really frustrating to fix, but in the end your work will be credited with a real winner.

Keep up the good work!

Flaps up

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments. The strange "other" cockpit in the most recent photos is from the aires 1/48th Mossie set. I learnt one thing for the future - Aires stuff has great details but is a pig to get to fit.

The scale is 1/32nd.

I have practiced on Warhammer figures over the years and at various points in the last year where I almost threw this model at the wall I NEARLY completed the MDC Typhoon with is also on this site from September of last year. You guessed it - no progress since then. Most of all I have just read how you guys do things on this site, ARC and Hyperscale - lots of inspiration and tuition from an amazing community.

I am currently scratch building a new cockpit for the F1a Trumpeter Lightning - as the one included is certainly more Picasso than Constable :lol:

One of these days I am actually going to finish one.

Regards

• 5 months later...

Ok - so I managed to get a twist in the model which whilst trying to resolve meant that I broke the model at the centre point where the wings/radiator/fuselage met. Being resin this was not a good situation. Anyway I contacted Bob at MDC and asked if I could buy two new fuselage halves, both wings and the center section and radiator (pretty much the kit).

Guess what - I got a box in the post today with all of the new parts as requested plus some resin canopies all completely free of charge.

Now that is what I call great service!

Next step is to "debond" the painted cockpit pieces etc and rivet the wings again. Now at least I do not have an excuse (apart from finishing the Typhoon, Lightning and Sea Fury I have as builds on this site :-)

Regards,