Looks like a P 51 B in 1/32

Agree. That is untill the rivet examination squad get their hands on it.

From where i stand, the kit is better than my modelling skills.

Which is enough for me.

Sorry if i sound a bit confused, but that Glenkinchie scotch is a ***** to get out of your system.

MBB

Yes, Trumpeter goes for the wallet yet again. I doubt I will be able to resist, especially with the markings of James Howard's "DING HOA!' Brings back memories of building the old Monogram 48 scale P-51B; those markings were always a favourite of mine.

Dave/Ironman1945

When I read this today.. two things came to mind... YES!! And secondly, I hope that who evre released that advertisement... didn't get the scale wrong...when they printed it!! A nicely done B would be nice....who knows... Maybe Hobbycrap will get their buts kicked for procrastinating as much as they have with their 3 to 4 year: It's coming song.... I mean really... no Mustangs at the US Nationals?? :lol: B) B)

Cheers

Alan

As for the Hobbycraft kits, I think they are probably all of the same family of molds just as all of the AccMin 48ths were. The Allison engined 'stangs look alot like the AccMin family scaled up and the last of the AccMin Mustang family of kits to be released were the B/C kits. This may have been a way of helping HC pay for the molds is to allow for Trumpeter to release the more marketable one first.

The only way to really prove my harebrained theory is to actually have one of the kits in hand (The A or the B/C) and look at the wings. If it has locators for separate flap actuators they are the same family of kits as that was the only discernable differance between the A and B. I found that out after discovering the net and all of the wailing and gnashing of teeth over AccMin getting the Merlin engined Mustangs so horribly wrong to be unbuildable. <_<

Bad thing is what this may mean for the price of the Hobbycraft Mustangs later next year....nearly $100 MSRP...uuugh.

Matt

I just hope this kit is like most of their latest stuff.

They've come a long way since the 1/24 P-51D.

We should take bets on whether or not they'll be the first ones to make proper Mustang wheel bays.

Who knows, maybe they'll think about a P-51D after that.

I hope Hasegawa also decides to get back into the mustang biz.

Having a choice would be great.

Sounds interesting. When the kit arrives...

...I'll spend a box of beer and a few bags of crisps for those who'll enjoy the ongoing bashing. Don't forget your hard hat! <_<

Yes, Trumpeter goes for the wallet yet again. I doubt I will be able to resist, especially with the markings of James Howard's "DING HOA!' Brings back memories of building the old Monogram 48 scale P-51B; those markings were always a favourite of mine.

Dave/Ironman1945

Dave,

Check out CAM decals for Jim Howard's "DING HAO!" markings (sheets 32-154 and 24-007 respectively). Yep, they have them in both 1/32 AND 1/24th. <_<

As for me, this Trumpeter P-51B had better be one charming kit for me to buy it for $95. Even at the expected 40% markdown of some online retailers, that'll still be five 21st Century P-51B kits (due out this fall :rolleyes: ) to their one. Time will tell...

D

Would rather have seen Hasegawa or even Dragon do it, then maybe the prices would have been more reasonable. Still hoping Has will follow up the Bubbletop with a razorback P-47. A C-note & + is too much, for that I'd rather send it to Rutman for another one of his resin B's and know I'm getting one without shape issues and a correct wheelbay & more.

Which reminds me I need to unpack that thing and restart it.

Craig361

P51SIG Admin

P51SIG?