1/32 Arado 234B

Radub

I had the pleasure of viewing the work of this model on the MDC stand at the IPMS Tyneside show on sunday gone. It truely is an impressive amount of work you've done on this model Radub

The sheer size & subject choice has me twitching my fingers awaiting the official release, but the stunning master work has me twiching even more :unsure:

I bow to your master modelling skill Radub

best wishes

Menden

P.S congratualtions to the guys from MDC who won the best display stand & also for their willingness to give advice & have a general talk :o

I was also at the Northern Model Show here in the UK yesterday, and I spent a little time talking to the lads on the MDC stall as well. The reason I stopped to talk was that I spied the Ar 234B test shot in 1/32. I was told that it's due in 6 weeks or so, price estimated at about £95. It looked very very nice indeed! One of my favourite aircraft! Parts breakdown is such that an AR234C model is also possible, and I was told that this is planned, but some time away.

Time to break open the piggy bank I think

Padraic

I had the pleasure of viewing the work of this model on the MDC stand at the IPMS Tyneside show on sunday gone. It truely is an impressive amount of work you've done on this model Radub

The sheer size & subject choice has me twitching my fingers awaiting the official release, but the stunning master work has me twiching even more :D

I bow to your master modelling skill Radub

best wishes

Menden

P.S congratualtions to the guys from MDC who won the best display stand & also for their willingness to give advice & have a general talk :D

I was also at the Northern Model Show here in the UK yesterday, and I spent a little time talking to the lads on the MDC stall as well. The reason I stopped to talk was that I spied the Ar 234B test shot in 1/32. I was told that it's due in 6 weeks or so, price estimated at about £95. It looked very very nice indeed! One of my favourite aircraft! Parts breakdown is such that an AR234C model is also possible, and I was told that this is planned, but some time away.

Time to break open the piggy bank I think

Padraic

Sounds great. The more great things l hear about it the more l want one even at £95 (200 CND) OUCH!!!. Here is me pulling the money of out my wallet while it screams in pain :P :D :unsure: It may be the only kit of this plane available.

hacker :o B)

Thanks Padraic and Menden,

Did any of you take a picture? Bob rang me from the show and told me that he put together a display model using the parts made so far, but I never got a chance to see it.

In the meantime, here are some more photos.

This is the ETC504 bomb rack (work in progress)

post-683-1180955005.jpg

And this is the RATo pack. This is made from Miliput turned in a lathe. I covered it with MRSurfacer and polished it but still needs work. It is a tough nut to crack. I am also working on the rack - more pohotos soon.

Radu

post-683-1180955130.jpg

Hi Radu. No pics I'm afraid; my Nokia is a hand-me-down from daughter #1, and it just makes calls! The test shot looked very good; one of the chaps (I'm afraid I didn't get his name) showed me the excellent wing to fuselage joint with 2 brass tubes providing the strength. Very sensible. The Frise ailerons also struck me as very well done (I've not managed to read all of this thread yet, so they may already have been featured). No resin nose on the test model; just a clear vac one. The guys pointed out that the kit won't look like that.

I would like to add my personal praise and congratulations to you for the quality of the work and the choice of subject; this is a very impressive kit! It takes a LOT to persuade me to consider parting with the ££ I mentioned :rolleyes: . Not that I begrudge the effort/work/resin that goes into it: I'm just a mean old so-and-so! In this case however, an exception will be made. I'm seriously considering getting both a B and a C version. I'll just have to part with a few things from the stash to fund them.

Padraic

There's an old expression that you get what you pay for - in this instance, I think 95£ isn't enough - I'd gladly pay more for a kit of this quality.

Despite the banter about the canopy and landing gear - Radu's work is some of the best I have EVER seen in the 30-odd years I've been building models - 20 of those professionally.

Keep up the good work my friend - as Jay mentioned, you're raising the bar on 1/32 resin kits worldwide.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff for your kind words.

Thanks Padraic for your input. The parts are now on their way to me and I will show some photos here when I get them.

I have no influence over the price. MDC have to set a fair price that covers their expenses.

Radu

Thanks Derek ;)

The parts arrived from MDC - looking good. As usual, they did great job.

Here are some pictures. These are the wings attached to the fuselage - this is a big bird :lol: .

The other picture is the cockpit - work in progress. This is a priority now and once this is finished, we are on the home stretch. The cockpit will contain a lot of photoetched parts. I am thinking about providing separate instrument bezels, knobs, switches, etc. That should make painting a lot easier - just paint them separately and glue them to the already painted panels.

More photos soon.

post-683-1181123366.jpg

post-683-1181123381.jpg