1/32 Arado 234B

Radub

Friggen brilliant - sometimes you look at some things andd think that with enough time that you could come up with something similiar. However there are other things that you just look at and they appear to be created by magic.......this appears to have been created by magic.

The canopy looks so beautiful Radu. Hell, I'm out of words of appreciation now so there will be some gibberish soon. I have just been reading about the night fighter evaluation flights they had made with the Ar234 and comparing them with the 262's suitability for night fighting. Very interesting and I keep seeing your model in front of me.

One actually went up as a night fighter. The pilot name escapes me ( I can get that), one aircraft was modded with a twin 20 mil pack. Fantastic work Radu no doubt. I will pick this one up and sit it next to the KI 61.

S!

The last few days were spent on doing the master patterns for the clear parts. This involved a lot of cussing, swearing and blaspheming, but eventually (and after a lot of clear sheet was wasted), I ended up with this.

Hi Radub,

These words made you looking to me a little more human... because when I look through your tread (and this is often - from the beginning) it seems to me that you are not from this planet ! :)

Awesome !

but the canopy beats it all !!!!

I registered in a knitting forum... :)

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Much appreciated.

The canopy was particularly difficult because the intention is to cast it in clear resin. For that, the plastic parts need to be a tad thicker than the usual vacform. If anyone ever tried vacforming with 1mm or 1.5mm thick PETG, they know what I am talking about :) There are all kinds of issues to do with heating, stretching, pulling, cooling, pockets of trapped air... it's a nightmare... :) It took tens of attempts (for each clear section) to get a satisfactory result. It is done now.

Anyway, I will be away for a short break and I will post more photos when I come back.

Radu

• 2 weeks later...