My FW-190 D

georch

Well, my camera works again! :rolleyes: There wasn't enough lights, so I will take some pictures tomorrow, but there's one from the underside of the plane (most of the parts were just put there for the picture):

DSCF2606_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

And a guess what, for tonight, from my next project! :unsure:

DSCF2596_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Cheers Guys!

georch, from Hungary

Thank You all for the kind words! ;)

Well, I haven't finished it yet... (I play in a band, and we had a gig on saturday, so I really haven't enough time for modelling...) But I tried a technik on the plane, that is usually used by the AFV modellers. After I've added to the whole model a flat coat, I've added small drops of light brown, dark brown and white oil paint (with a tooth pick). Than I have started to wipe them off with a brush that was wet with (?) thinner. I made it until I have only seen really light stripes of the oil paints. (Well I can't really see the oil paint colors, but they add some lighter or darker shade to the base color). Well, I can't write it down, I have made some bad pictures. The whole oily thing is turned out to be nice, but I'have made it in a wrong time... I shold have made it, before adding the panel lines a dark was, because now, the lighter oil paints are visible in some panel line. Well, I can live with it! (Don't want to add future and panel line wash and matt lacquer again, cause the painting would be too thick...)

Heres the pictures:

1. Oil paint drops added:

wash_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

2. Started to wash them, to the dimension of the airflow (thats a pretty bad one...):

wash2_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

3. Only some lighter and darker tones are visible (the picture is too dark, go to the next one :P )

wash3_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

4. And finally a nice picture, from the fuselage and the right wing, after adding the wash and flat coat:

fw190_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Hope You like it! And everybody keep up the great works on the LSP Forums!:lol:

Cheers:

georch from Hungary

And Dave and Wikman have nailed it! The next project is the Trumpeter MIG-3!;)

Hi Georch,

the Dora looks very very nice!! Just a question, the lower engine cowl is RLM 76? Which color is the lower fuselage? Maybe Gunze Acrylics?

Cheers,

Chris

Thank You Chris! :)

I have used Gunze Acrylics (its easy to find in Hungary, and I do like to "work" with them), almost the same as Mark L Tucker in his aricle! I wanted to make the Gunze brown violet to be a bit browner, so I have mixed it with some European Brown color, that I had here at home. For the RLM "84", at the fuselage sides and at the lower fuselage, I have used Gunze sky (duck egg green) mixed with RLM76 (almost 1:1) and Gunze's sail color (some drops). The tail and the engine cowling is RLM76, just as the flaps and the ailerons. I have used violet gray at the front section of the lower side of the wings.

Cheers:

georch, from Hungary