My FW-190 D

georch

Thanks Jens!

You are right! For now, most of the putty was sanded down and the spahe looks much realistic. (Will post picture) The fitting of the fuselage and the tail piece was not perfect, but some Mr. Surfacer solved the problem. Now I'll have to resribe the panel lines.

Cheers

georch

Thak You for Your comments! I'm really happy, to hear, that You like my build! :D

I've painted the LG bay doors, still need to add some dust to the lower regions! Here they are, with the drop tank!

post-1332-1168693197.jpg

Cheers:

georch, from Hungary

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Georch!

Nice fueltank is it the kits own tank? Come on man post som more!!!!

Cheers/ Ted Wikman

Thanks Ted!

The drop tank came with the kit, nicely detailed, just needed some glue and paint! B)

Cheers:

georch

And.. My girlfreind wasn't home today... So I have painted the propeller. Well the pictures doesn't really shows the green shade of the paint, in reality, its more visible. Maybe I'll try to make pictures from this in sunlight. The spiral of the propeller was masked with blue tac(k?). I've tryed to cut it from masking tape, and from some other things, but blue tac gave me the best finish.

First, the propeller was painted aluminium, and the blades to a wood color. Than Revell Color stop was added to the edges, and to some places. Than I've painted the whole thing to someting like the schwarzgrün (I've just mixed it...). Than I've removed the Color stop with a rough brush, and added some scratches with a blade. The whole propeller was sprayed with layers of highly thinned rust, off white, and yellow (dont know why, just tried it B) ). Than I applied a coat of Future, and a coat of Gunze matt warnish.

There's the pictures, hope You like it!

post-1332-1170002042.jpg

post-1332-1170002064.jpg

post-1332-1170002089.jpg

Hi,

Your D-9 is really coming along great, beautiful painting and weathering. Regarding the VS111 wooden prop, yes the blades are laminated wood then they are covered with a strong fabric then painted RLM 70 Black- Green, so the wood could not be visible. What markings are You doing ? Keep up the good work !!

Cheers, Jerry

Thaks for the comments guys!

Jerry!

I will mask the spinner and paint the blades to green - black color. Will fade them with lighter color and some drybrushing! Thanks for the information, didn't know, that the blades were covered with fabric! I saw some close ups, from the blades of planes displayed in museums, and on these pics, some brown was visible, but they are ones, from museums..! But, thats why we are here; to learn from each other! :blink: It will be the "brown 4" if everything goes right!

Hopefully I can attach the wings to the fuselage in this week, than filling, sanding and rescribing. Just can't wait to get to the painting!!! I haven't finished a modell in the past 3 or 4 years ;) !!!

Cheers:

georch

Hi Everybody!

I have corrected the propeller blades a bit. I've painted a light coat of black green, so now, the wood color only visible in the edges (maybe its not 100% correct, but I really like this effect... :blink: )! I've made some fading on the base color with lightened green-black and black and dark brown pidments. Heres a picture of it:

post-1332-1170492273.jpg

I also wanted to make the gun cowlings shape a bit more lifelike, because the "valley" between the guns was too deep. I've used Alteco A-B epoxi putty (?, I've bought it in Tesco :D ). The finish is not the best, but maybe looks a bit better, than the original part...

post-1332-1170492757.jpg

post-1332-1170492795.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What you've shown us up to now is simply fantastic, your painting, with all the shading put in is really really nice, very realistic indeed and the weathering is great. How did you make the paint chipping? Looking really good especially in the cockpit and on the gear doors.

Thank You all, for the kind words!

Bcauchi! The chipping at the cockpit was made with a fine brush. I let only some paint on it, so it wasn't painting with aluminium color, but wasn't drybrushing with aluminium, the amount of paint on the brush was somewhere between drybrushing and brushing. Hope You understand, what I'm trying to say... On the drop tank, and the gear bay doors I've paited the parts first aluminium, than added some Revell Color Stop to the places where, I've wanted the aluminium to be visible after painting. I've used a toothbrush to remove the color stop. Than, a toothpick, and a scalpel was used to make some smaller scratches.

Cheers:

georch, from Hungary