My FW-190 D

georch

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I need some help! On the sides of the guncowling were bulges (shown with red arrow on the picture), but not on every FW 190 d's. Does anybody can tell me, if the Brown 4's cowling has have these bulges?

post-1332-1172068532.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help or informations!

georch, from Hungary

Hi Georch,

Yes, D-9s have the bulged gun cowling like the one you posted, but yours is the early five-piece gun cowl that was only used on the first several hundred D-9s produced by the Focke-Wulf factory. "Brown 4" W. Nr. 500647 was produced by Mimetall and was a three-piece cowling without the additional panel lines at the rear. So, those two panel lines next to your red arrow, the short vertical one and the horizontal line should be removed. Retain the small bulge on the bottom edge of the cowling, however.

Cheers,

Jerry

Thanks for the information Jerry!

I will correct the cowling soon! I've made a fast drawing, I've signed the things that shouldn't have to be on the cowling with red lines, spots, and the things that have to stay there with green! Hope that this will be correct!

Thanks again for helping me, to all! :)

Cheers:

georch

Some pictures. I glued the wings to the fuselage, many filling and sanding is neede here, and I left it to dry overnight and the tape that would have to keep it in the right angle came out (till I was sleeping... :( )... So the angle is not perfect, but I will leave it, as it is now, I think if I would get down the wing, I'd make some serious damages to the whole fuselage, and make larger problem to myself, what the incorrect angle couses... (I hope you understand, what I'm trying to say!) I've also made some pictures from the LG struts and some picture from the cockpit.

Hope You like it!

Wish You all the best! :ph34r:

georch

post-1332-1172248714.jpg

post-1332-1172248745.jpg

post-1332-1172248776.jpg

And another. Will have to work a lot on that one, to start to paint it, many sanding, filling and rescribing, bla bla, but I like it! :ph34r:

post-1332-1172249044.jpg

Thank You all for helping me, and have a good weekend! :(

georch

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody! B)

After a long time, I've started to paint my Dora! <_< I've painted the white stripe to the fuselage, than painted the horizontal stabilizers to RLM dark green and violet gray, I've used blue tac for the demarcation lines. The other parts of the tail were painted to RLM 76. I've painted some RLM 82 light green to the root of the stabilizers. Paint chipping was made by brush. I do have added a coat of Alclad to the whole tail section and planned to chip the camo colors with a toothpic, but it didn't worked well for me... I've always chipped off the aluminium...:huh: At the other parts I'll use Alclad and maskol, for chipping, that works good!

Hope You enjoy it! :lol:

Cheers:

georch, from Hungary

post-1332-1179464702.jpg

The other side:

post-1332-1179464759.jpg

HELLO

I can confirm you understod well Jerry's instructions .The panel lines and the bump in red should be removed for a Mimetall built Fw 190D-9 .

The resin replacement part was generic to offer several options within the same separate piece.

The nbump between both latches has to be kept . The lower part is fixed on the engine ncowling side panels

Congratulation for the scale model .

Eric Larger

Welcome back georch,

It's remarkable how you've only painted a portion of the tail and it's already coming out great. Ohmigosh! a lot better than the way I do my paint chipping.

Great Stuff,

Dominic

Thank You all for the nice comments!

Hopefully I'll have some time to work on my FW190, and on the others!:blink:

Some things were added, and the svastikas have been painted to the tail! I'll mask the tail and start to paint the plane in the weekend!

post-1332-1180101314.jpg