My FW-190 D

georch

Guest LSP_Jay L

Nice work Georch!

I like the idea of the clear resin in the bezels. Nice touch.

I also quite like the tyres weathering. Very subtle and effective!

Cheers,

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

OK, after a long time, a little progress on that "Foka". I've corrected the wiring of the main gear struts (a great Hungarian modeller, Peter Kormos send me pictures from this area, so I could make it more realistic, thanks to you Peter! :lol: ).

post-1332-1166423281.jpg

And I had some problem with the landing gear doors color... After watching it for days I realised, that I've painted it RLM76, insted of 02... :D So I'll have to repaint it...

And I have a question: Revell instructions says that the drop tanks were NMF. Do you guys think that it's possible, that it was RLM76? Because I'd like to paint it RLM76 with heavy weathering? Would it be OK?

Hi Georch, welcome to LSP! And what a great welcome for us, this is a great job you're doing here. Looks fantastic. I enjoy your painting, it looks so realistic. I like to learn how others in far-off lands utilise their local products to advantage. And the results are spectacular. Thanks for sharing with us, I am looking forward to more. Great stuff!

Jimbo

• 2 weeks later...

Another view:

post-1332-1167384687.jpg

Very nice job overall!

However, it seems to me you're trying to make the aft fuselage sides smoother. In fact the piece inserted into the D-9 fuselage was straight-sided so when added to the 190 fuselage it created a slightly odd shape for a fuselage.

Regards,