Hobbycraft Sea Fury.

neilfgr2

Hi guys....sorry to have been so quiet, I don't have alot of time for anything but trying to get kits ready to ship.Thanks very much for the support and the compliments, the Sea Fury will begin shipping in the next 10 days, photo etch is the only thing I am waiting on and it should arrive shortly.

The news of the HC kit has obviously been quite a blow to Susy and I , having invested a years work and all of our funds in majking our kit it could be a real mess if the thing stops short of break-even, but only time will tell.As we have seen with all the recent problems for Airfix and others, no company, large or microscopic is safe in this business anymore.

I wanted to thank all of you who have called or e-mailed to re-confirm your orders, it's been wonderful to know that we have your support, and that quality still matters in the marketplace. Your patience ia greatly appreciated.

Back to work for Me!!!

Paul Fisher

Fisher Model & Pattern

paul

dont worry about hobbycraft they maybe a couple a years away from that release if they even do. They make lots of promises about releases that they alot of the times never come up with. Hopefully by that time you would have sold all the kits you have made.

hacker B) :P

The news of the HC kit has obviously been quite a blow to Susy and I , having invested a years work and all of our funds in majking our kit it could be a real mess if the thing stops short of break-even, but only time will tell.As we have seen with all the recent problems for Airfix and others, no company, large or microscopic is safe in this business anymore.

Paul,

I would not worry about it. Even if HC came out with one, which is really a very unsubstantiated rumour and possibly wishful thinking at this stage, your excellent model would be hard to compete with.

Your model contains everything one may possibly need to make an excellent model in one neat package. Judging by the photos provided so far, your Sea Fury is without a doubt hard to beat. I imagine that if anyone else came up with an injection moulded model of the Sea Fury, a modeller would still have to spend extra money on a resin cockpit, wheel wells, landing gear, photoetch etc (possibly to a total amount higher than the retail price of your model) to bring it to the same standards as your resin kit. Injection moulding technology simply cannot produce models of a quality similar to resin. And if push came to shove, you could still release the cockpit, wheel wells, landing gears, weapons, prop and spinner, as aftermarket for any eventual injection moulded kit.

I really believe that your model will continue to lead the field from the quality and price perspectives and you have little to worry about.

I can't wait to get it (Stop laughing you lot, I am not grovelling for a freebie, I ordered mine fair and square B) )

My two cents.

Radu

Guest LSP_Jay L

I agree with Radu 100% Paul, and I know we spoke about this on the phone, but I think yours is of such a quality that the Hobby craft kit would not have all that much affect on guys who are as interested in having a beautiful kit to build.

Hacker brought up a good point about Hobbycraft as well. There is no real guarantee on when they will actually release it, and if the Panther and stuff is anything to go by they could be a looong time in coming.

I had a look on their website and there isn't even anything there about it!

Cheers mate,

Jay

Good points brought up all around!

Paul, I've got one on order (my wife let me get an early Christmas present) and I'm convinced this is the best kit so far... Like Charles, I got to see the kit up close and at the IPMS/USA Nats and it's fabulous. :)

I'm still waiting on the A-36/P-51/P-51A series from Hobbycraft... :blink:

-randy

Ok for what its worth, both the Panther and Seafury kits do exist as more then vapourware. I also have been to Northstar Hobbies to have a looksee. Both are pre-production sets put together to check fit and finish. Of the two, the better one for fit is the Seafury. There are some problems with different part sizes on the Panther.

My understanding from the proprietor is that they are both scheduled for release in time for Christmas. I am going off duty for the next 3 days and will head back there, camera in hand. I just need to find a place to host my pics as my web site is now history. If I can't find a host, will someone here be willing if I email them out?

Sabre

I went to Northstar yesterday morning camera in hand, but alas, Hobbycraft has asked that no photos be allowed until they get the final product ready. As noted before the models on display were pre-production tests for fit, and there were some problems noted. HC is planning on correcting these problems and will do another set of test fits again before release.

Sorry guys, I tried.

Sabre

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Sabre;

You know you don't have to have a hosting service to post pictures here. You can add them directly from you documents folders. If you use the file attachments option on the messgae template, you can insert them easily.

Thanks for trying to get some pictures. It would have been nice to see but I can easily understand Sheldon would be in a tricky position as I am sure Hobbycraft would not be pleased with him if he ignored their wishes!

Cheers,

Jay

No problem. I'll try the photo attachment later on when I have something good to show.

I figured asking to take the pics was a requirement, I'd never take them without permission. Sheldon has been getting kits for me to build from Hobbycraft since 98. I figure I've built about 30 kits for HC over the last 8 years, so I wouldnt want to get them annoyed at me either. Who knows, maybe I'll luck out and get to build the Seafury for the trade shows next spring. I've already asked Sheldon to see about it.

Sabre

I am a huge fan of the quality of Fisher models - I have the Panther and Cougar already. I had ordered the Sea Fury as it is my all time favourite prop fighter but now I have ordered another one tonight. I did this because I believe in supporting the best resin aircraft manufacturer out there - for anyone who has not built a Fisher model I urge you to do so as you will not be disappointed. From the quality of the instructions, written by someone who has built the model all the way through to the fit and quality of detail and mouldings.

I now get to build a RCN as well as a FAA fighter!

...and no I am not related in any way and do not live in the same country as Fisher Pattern Models.

Regards

As much as I want this Sea Fury...It looks awesome...I just cant justify that outlay. With conversion to aussie dollars itll be a small fortune. Put that together with the fact that I want to chop one up and make an air racer its just too much...Ill have to wait.

I feel in this case it will be "you snooze, you lose" , Coolie. Why would anyone care what Hobbycraft is maybe producing when Mr. Fisher actually IS producing?

A little story about Hobbycraft; They produced molds, box art, and test shots of the 1/48th F2G Corsair. There was a fair amount of excitment about it, and at the same time the warbird community was abuzz about two ex-racing Corsairs being restored, one to be a flyer. Hobbycraft hemmed and hawed about the kit, finally saying that it wasn't going to be a big seller, shelving it.

About a month later the big, beautiful red and white F2G Corsair of Bob Odegard was every magazine cover in the land, Europe and US mags publishing pic, then later full reviews and articles. Free publicity wasted that seemed to taunt Hobbycraft for it's decision.

I'll believe that Hobby craft will produce something when i see it in the local hobby shop!

Chris...

Nah Chris,

I think Coolie is only talking about how many duneros its costs when we buy it down under. We pay a fair extra whack in costs due to exchange, shipping and maybe tax for said kit, compared to a US purchaser. In addiiton, with the intent to chop it into a cool looking racer one must wonder the financials of what would be an very very expensive kit being chopped up.

Mind you, thats not saying its overpriced etc...its just the whole mathermatactics of it all.

Sigh...we can dream eh Coolie...

Cheers lads Matty