Aussie Mustang

LSP_Matt

Hey guys. Had done some very preliminary work on this a while ago. Very minimal work and no painting. Got my finger out over a lovely weekend with torrential rain in the bush...literally watching clouds waft past the window. I live on a mountain...well...biggish hill really but don't tell the locals I said that.

IMG_7424.jpg

IMG_7423.jpg

IMG_7422.jpg

IMG_7425.jpg

Made a few splodges on the cockpit features which after viewing the pics I cleaned off.

Even though this kit has some really less than desireable features its not entirely horrible. The fit is pretty good and I know HLJ had these kits for sale for $20US. Good value for money for a kid for sure and not an impossible build for them.

Cheers Matty

PS...I ahem...also started a Tamiya Mustang. Urghhh another started. :rolleyes:

Matty-

I was beginning to think I was the only one in the world that still had the old Bandai kit in the stash. I like the work you have done so far. You are right, it does have some redeeming features, others are well.........piss poor. I think the basis for a really cool model is there, but it will take some work. As far as shape goes, she looks decent, except for the lower nose profile- It is a bit too squashed like the old Revell B kit in 32nd. I will have a go at fixing it.

Perhaps I should bust mine out whilst waiting for more refs on the Boomerang build.....Would be Bandai Double Trouble!!!!

Keep the updates coming, mate....

THOR

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks lads,

The closer I come to finishing this beastie the more I'm inclined to like it as a kit. The caveat here is that I did procure it really cheap $20US via HLJ. For me it represents pretty good value for money.

I added some Sharkmouth Aussie Decals to it (sheesh they are soooo delicate and look the part). I have left the wheels up and used a stand from an Airfix kit to model it in mid air...oddly enough still flying after the pilot has leapt out...frustration with cockpit innacuracies apparently. I err...simply left out the box like shaped piece of plastic intended to look like a K14 gunsight.

I have two more of these in the stash so I'm thinking a few Aussie Mustangs in 1/24 might be cool. So many nice schemes to do.

Cheers Matty

Hi Thor,

One day when you get keen to build your drop me a line and I'm sure I'll have something in 1/24 for a Mustang. The old Bandai decals are there minus the stencils if you'd like.

Cheers Matty

Undercoat..picking up dodgy seams and some rescribing.

IMG_7458.jpg

IMG_7456.jpg

IMG_7455.jpg

Quite a leap between your last and penultimate posts there!

Kev

Hey buddy. Yeah, had the 'all in putty' shots on the camera a week or so ago but got busy with work and have wrangled the kids down for 5 days. I used the AS12 Tamiya from the rattle can. Ango Mango did similar on a kit like this many years ago. Its much faster and gives a good result so long as one warms the can first.

Thanks Mark. I'm glad to be finished.

Cheers Matty