HK Models DH Mosquito B IV

BloorwestSiR

That looks fantastic Carl, looking forward to your RFI shots, also out of interest did you pose the inner flaps in that position or was it because that's how they kind of sat when assembled........because that's the kind of angle they like to sit on my build for some reason.

Regards. Andy

Thanks everyone!

Andy, the flaps are in their "natural" position so they're the same as yours.

Now the bad news. My 2 1/2 year found the Mossie and decided since it has wings, it should...fly.

Sadly, the model didn't demonstrate any of the flight characteristics of the full size Mossie and augered in.

Sigh, what can you do?

Carl

Carl, that's a heartbreaker ... I really feel your pain. Will you try to rebuild?

Jim

Aw man!!! That's a shame. Can you fix it?

:(

Iain

Sadly, I don't think so. Most of the control surfaces got knocked off but the biggest problem is the MLG is sheared off partway so I'm not sure how to reinforce it if I could. I suppose if I wanted an in-flight pose, it would be salvageable but there wouldn't be a flight crew. Maybe it could be in-flight post bailout? Or did they ever use Mossies as drones?

Carl

OK, just spent some time at the workbench with the wreck and its no joy. I can't get the gear back in place and aligned. I'm not sure what's been knocked out but trying to get the legs back in isn't working.

Sorry guys, I gave it the college try as they say. First build I've lost in a long time. My wife wants me to put up some shelves so I have somewhere safe to put them.

Carl

I am sure most of us who have children has experienced this at some time in their model making life. I have had numerous similar experiences and still haven't learned my lesson. The most recent was when a friend stayed over for a break and proceeded to handle some part started models of mine and managed to break something off each one and carried on as if nothing wrong had been done, and he is 55 years old but acts as if he is 2 1/2 ( now when ever he wants to stay over I will make sure I have cleared out the spare room of any models built or not).

My condolences to you, at least you have had the pleasure of making such a great model and have the photo's to prove it. 

Bob

better to have tried and lost than never to have tried at all