Hobby Boss P-61B out

Dave Williams

What's the info about the covers (or whatever they're called) over the prop reduction gearcases of the R-2800's on the P-61? I ask because they're noticeably absent on the HB kit. Were these installed on all P-61's or just the A models? Inquiring minds wanna know :hmmm:

Looks like a sleeve, you can see it clearly on the Brassin 1/48 engine http://www.scaleplasticandrail.com/kaboom/index.php/all-things-aviation/148-scale/aftermarket-items/1627-148-r-2800-31-engine-for-p-61a-from-eduard

What's the info about the covers (or whatever they're called) over the prop reduction gearcases of the R-2800's on the P-61? I ask because they're noticeably absent on the HB kit. Were these installed on all P-61's or just the A models? Inquiring minds wanna know :hmmm: I also read that the nose art for "Lady in the Dark" is incorrect in the kit (as is the serial number?). She should be wearing blue clothing and not red. Only her shoes were red. We're gonna need Harold to fix the props on this one too.....HHAAARRRROOOLLLLDDD! Do you have your prop files sharpened up?

Dear TimC,

I was trying to find a lot of info before doing the lay out for the box art image! I have found a lot of data and some of them pointed out that the girl's clothing was blue instead of red, plus the engine's cowls painted red, maybe the hubs too! I posted all this info to Hobby Boss guys, but they told to continue by doing the markings as they shown in the box art and kit's decals! So, who's right i do not know! However, a kit like that was a lunatic man's dream a few years ago. So try to enjoy it! That,s the name of the game! Since it's 32nd scale i am sure would need some corrections and additions but overall i think lokks very good and...amazing looking aircraft model! I think is up to the modeller to turn it to a masterpiece!!Good modelling times!!! :coolio:

Only a couple more days left until March.....anyone hear anything about an actual release date perhaps?

Gordon was closed today due to some serious winter weather/snow. so he wasn't able to post an update on his site.....

Cheers,

Jim

Tim - Already there with you! I am adding the P-61 to a diorama I am working on with the HK B-25J (The Ink Squirts). It's already 2.5 x 4 feet in size (the diorama). LOL!

-Ro

Wow---

Now that's going all out!

I was going to do a B-25 dio (still might), but a '61 might be a bit smaller.

Besides, I still need to figure out where I'm going to put the 1/200th Bismarck... :P

Tim W.

Guest Peterpools

I'm planning on a nicely detailed vignette for my Widow. A few figures and accessories to asdd scale and life and then let the Widow take over.

:rolleyes: