Cyber-Hobby Bf 109E-7Trop 12/31/13- Fin

scvrobeson

Hi guys. After taking a bit of a break from building with a bit of mojo loss, I decided to get back into it with the new Cyber-Hobby Tropcial -109.  This is a really nice kit, and includes everything that's needed out of the box for a nice build, including a full engine compartment.  I did add a set of FineMolds flexible seat-belts, since the flat PE ones didn't look as nice.

I've just got the cockpit and engine painted up so far, hopefully everyone enjoys it.

001_zpsecdce7a2.jpg

002_zps6fc589e8.jpg

003_zps93a7d636.jpg

004_zpsf0e472f7.jpg

005_zps6fe63886.jpg

006_zps9b7a14a5.jpg

007_zpsc543a833.jpg

008_zps2cec7903.jpg

009_zps3d8a0c57.jpg

010_zps459bd9e2.jpg

Edited by scvrobeson

Looking good from here Matt!

Glad to see you building and enjoying it again, especially since it is a 109.  :piliot:

Thanks Frank!  This is actually my first large-scale 109, I did a 1/48 Hasegawa kit of an E-7 a few years back, so hopefully my skills have improved since then.  Just trying to get the mojo back before I tackle the big Intruder.

Glad you like the work so far.

Matt  :frantic:

Great start Matt! Some really nice weathering there. Looks a good kit.

Kev

Thanks Kev. This is actually a very nice kit, I think it's the best -109E out there.  Great detail, and looks like it will go together very easily.  Instructions aren't great, but they can be deciphered with work.

Glad you like the painting and weathering.  It's been good to build a simple kit for once

Guest Peterpools

HI Matt

Glad to see you're back in the saddle and at the bench again. Nice work on the front office and business end of the 109; with the wash helping to 'pop' all the details and add a nice bit of weathering at the same time. Very impressed with the Fine Molds seatbelts and how natural they look.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

:popcorn: :popcorn:

HI Matt

Glad to see you're back in the saddle and at the bench again. Nice work on the front office and business end of the 109; with the wash helping to 'pop' all the details and add a nice bit of weathering at the same time. Very impressed with the Fine Molds seatbelts and how natural they look.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thanks Peter. I had gotten a set of the FineMolds belts, and hadn't tried them out yet.  I was nicely surprised by it, and each box comes with four sets. Getting them to fit behind the seat was a little tight, but they eventually squeezed in the cockpit. 

Glad you like the work so far, I'm enjoying it so far. Wish the weathering on the engine showed up better, I'm happy with how it looks.