Revell's (not so) new 1:32 He 219 "UHU"

Iain

Guest Dekenba

It's a first on here, but probably not elsewhere (unless you discount review builds).

Kev

Probably first non review in progress build - can't see one elsewhere.

Great stuff - mine arrives tomorrow!

Just to add - for a change I'm not doing this for any magazine - just a 'fun' build - but will report on what I find as I go through which - hopefully - may be of use to those that follow and add all the bells and whistles.

Kevin - feel free to grab anything you want from this for site content - I guess prolly best once all done.

Just watching telly for half an hour with a beer before I crack on again.

Iain

That's it - calling it quits for today - not a bad start methinks...

Cockpit tub base clour (RLM 66) done on a varety of components - with gloss varnish where the instrument decals will go.

First thing tomorrow I can crack on with instruments and detail painting - aim is to have fuselage closed up around lunch time.

IMG_7822.JPG

IMG_7823.JPG

The two side sections - the one above was clear and I've masked the circuit breaker covers...

IMG_7824.JPG

See you all tomorrow - bright and early! wink.png

Iain

"Good morning Mr Phelps. As you know, there is a large model convention at the end of this week in Telford, UK. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to finish the UHU for display in the 32nd SIG stand at the aforementioned show. This thread will self destruct in 5 seconds........" {~cue lit fuse and dramatic music~}

:blowup:

:frantic:

:whistle:

:innocent:

Edited by geedubelyer

Behind the curve at present - but should catch up this afternoon...

Cockpit decals and general painting done - see piccie - now needs some silver details, a dry brush and paint chipping before gloss varnish, wash, mat varnish. Shouldn't take that long - just waiting for decal setting solution to dry.

IMG_7825.JPG

The dials are all separate - included in the kit - and took an age to apply and line up properly. Yellow instrument bezels had to be painted as not on the sheet.

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

OK - lot later than planned - but pit done (seats and radio kit to follow:

IMG_7826.JPG

IMG_7827.JPG

Gllued in fuselage:

IMG_7828.JPG

IMG_7829.JPG

Other half test fit - need to find suitable nose weight before joining permanently...

IMG_7830.JPG

More later - perhaps...

Iain

Nah - popped out for a long weight - but the hardware shop was out of stock. Had to use a short weight instead - well - quite a few actuerlly ;)

Fuselage is buttoned up and is taped up whilst it dries - pix later - maybe.

Iain (the slacker)