Trop 109G

DMurph

Wow Murph, you're quite the prolific builder these days, hey?! But it's the quality more than the quantity that impresses me. The cockpit is looking great mate, especially that instrument panel. Your weathering is really nice.

Cheers

Ango

Thanks guys for the kind words, I'll be doing some detail work on this one maybe not to the extent of the corsair, I'm not as knowledgable of the 109 as I am of the corsair, I do want to try some detail in the wheel wells, and I may do some detailing in the spinner and prop. this may just lead to more things as I go along. Honestly I thik the detail in this kit is really good.

Cheers Murph...

Hi Murph, very nice work so far. Why do we keep building the same models. I have 3 109's lined up after the corsair. I like what you are doing. I don;t feel that you should waste money on an aftermarket cockpit. The kit cockpit is vey nice and only needs minor reworking. Glad you went for that. Keep it up.

Hi DMurph. Great cockpit! I like the instruments panel. If I understand right the dials are out from the box. Superb! Can you explain your way to give a so realistic effect?

Many thanks and all the best

Fil

Thanks for the nice comments.

Hi DMurph. Great cockpit! I like the instruments panel. If I understand right the dials are out from the box. Superb! Can you explain your way to give a so realistic effect?

Many thanks and all the best

Fil

The panel was painted in a acrylic RLM66 gray let to dry then with a thinned solution of enamel black I wash painted the dials this was too given time to dry over night. Dry brush the dial faces with Light gray.

The next step is to wash the panel lines in dark umber oil paint thinned, and the dial faces I used layers of future floor wax to build the lens.

That's it!

Hope that helps

Cheers Murph...

Murph, I like your 109! I also enjoyed the F4-u. Did you know the fuel line in the pit was actually a "sight glass" installed in the fuel line with 2 pieces of rubber hose+hose clamps, to connect it in-line with the steel fuel lines. (sort of like the old fashioned in-line glass fuel filter used on the old muscle cars) not critisizing, just a feature many miss. what is the paint on this bird going to be?

cheers Mike in calif

Great job! It is a nice kit. I made the mistake of painting the cockpit panzer gray. I have since discovered that is not even close!

Hey Mike in Calif., do you have picture of the fuel line? I had never thought it might have been clear like the older car type fuel filters. I wonder how hard it would be to insert a piece of clear sprue?

That would look really cool! Maybe a little clear yellow? blue?

Keep up the good work!

Gary V.

Redondo Beach, CA