Trop 109G

DMurph

Ok guys I've made My mind up, and Piet this one is for you buddy I know you want to see more 109's built.

So the next question for everyone is what one I should buy? Revell Monogram Pro Modeler, or Hasagawa I haven't built one in a long time so what one do you guys think? Now keep in mind how I build, this will not be stock and I will be scratching a lot or after market.

So let me know I'm looking for opinons here folks.

Times O Wasti'n

Cheers Murph...

Hi Murph,

this is a great choice... :D You perhaps don´t know my nick name here, i´m "The Messerschnutt" :lol: ;)

Some guys called me so, because i did much too much 109´ers last year... :lol:

To your question,

what 109 G are you going to build? If you are going for a G4 Trop, i think the Revell or Pro Modeller is a good one. Hasegawa is more expensive, BUT it includes two Resin wheels with the spoked rim, as well as the Pro Modeller. The Revell not, but i think it´s the cheapest.

If you are going for G6 or later, Hasegawa is the thing.

Did you canceld the P-38? Me too, seems like it will be a solo run for Piet. Sorry mate... B)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

The Messerschnutt ;)

Chris,

I'm kind of leaning to the Hasagawa I do know I want to do the Trop, there is just something about the desert paint jobs I like that and you can really fade and weather the desert trops. I don't know about the detail in the Pro Modeler trop I really think Hasagawa is the way to go here.

As for the P-38 I'll get to that later seeing all the cool looking paint jobs in my in action books on th e109's changed my mind.

So what after market cockpits are out there for the Hasagawa 109's? Does Aiers make one for it? :huh:

Cheers Mate!

The ProModeler and Hasegawa '109G-4 kits have the exact same plastic parts in the boxes - no differences at all.

I believe the resin 'spoked' wheels in the ProModeler G-4 kit are the same pieces as those provided in the Hasegawa G-4 kit.

The decal sheets are different (personally, I prefer the markings offered in the PM to the Hasegawa).

There is also a substantial difference in price (if you're in the US, the PM kit can be had for about 1/3rd the cost of the Hasegawa kit).

HTH,

D

Hiya Murph!

Chris is right, he rules with all things Mr Smith :huh: . Man, I would love to see you do a 109, with your great painting.

The Revell, Hasegawa and Pro-modeler G-4 is all the same kit, with the following diffs:

1) Revell decals is a little bit less accurate sometimes, and has no swastica. Revell also has not so good instructions, and no spoked wheels (if you need them), So you'll spend a few $ on AM.

2) Promodeller G-4 has resin spoked wheels, but they are not the same as those in the Hasegawa kit. They are in fact inferior, and you will not want to put them on your kit. You can see what I did about the wheels here: The Great Spoked Wheel Shootout

Looking forward to it mate!

Hi Murph,

yes, Aires offers a 109 F and G cockpit. There are also VERY interesting AM parts on Eagle-Editions.com What i really would recomment is the Spinner and the Supercharger intake. They also have a large range of great decals.

MDC has some cockpits too. Unfortunately i don´t have one yet, but they look very nice too.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Murph.....just started on my Hasegawa 109G-6 and picked up both the Cutting Edge Cockpit set and the Aires set. Personally I liked the Cutting Edge set better but also incorporated some parts from the Aires . Both are excellent sets and very easy to work with. Detail in both is about equal but chose the kit instrument panel over the ones in both aftermarket sets as it just appears more accurate.

• 3 weeks later...

Well OK guys here we go I'll be getting hot and heavy into this build this coming week I have some off time and what better thing to do than a 109 Trop I'll be adding detail as I go along so out comes the ref. books. Here is the kit I have selected looks like a nicely detailed one for sure.

post-4-1147391179_thumb.jpg

Guest LSP_Jay L

Yeah! We've all seen a Hasegawa 109 in the Pro Modeller box Murph! Start building the thing already!! B)

Don't get Piet going on those wheels man! B)

Cheers mate,

Jay