“Late” Spitfires from DBMK?

mozart

15 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Honestly, the late Spitfires are the only marks that hold any genuine interest for me.

After completing a Berma Mk XIV Spit many years ago, building a Seafire / Mk XVII is likely the only thing that would definitely bring me back to the Spitfire fold.

I would look forward to that for sure.

Oh how I'm with you on that, though of late I've been "getting into" the earlier marks. There's something very aggressive looking about the Griffon spits. I've been trying to get Iconicair's Spitefull for quite awhile now[it would be my first resin kit]. No luck yet though.

Although a favourite, getting just one 1:32 Griffon Supermarine is enough for me. Probably the Mark XVII Seafire —  destined for release in 2026? 

I'd like a cross-section of early, mid and late, and am minded to replace two divot-riddled Revells with a Kotare I and Tamiya IXc, respectively. The folly of consumerism! 

Tony 

1 hour ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

A highback Mk.XIV is the only one I'm interested in.  Show me the plastic, please.

Cheers,

Michael

As far as MkXIVs go , I'm sitting pretty good with the PCM ones , one on the shelf and one in the box. That being said I'm for a MK21, A MkXVII, and an FR47. I wanna see what they come up with[if it's Griffon powered ,I'm in]. I suspect the DBMK ones will be better than the PCMs ,not that they're bad ,they're not.

10 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

As far as MkXIVs go , I'm sitting pretty good with the PCM ones , one on the shelf and one in the box. That being said I'm for a MK21, A MkXVII, and an FR47. I wanna see what they come up with[if it's Griffon powered ,I'm in]. I suspect the DBMK ones will be better than the PCMs ,not that they're bad ,they're not.

The PCM XIV is a nice kit. I have three myself with one converted to a XIX that I need to finish. 

I would love a current standard FR47. The Freight dog conversion was a bit lacking. 

5 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

The PCM XIV is a nice kit. I have three myself with one converted to a XIX that I need to finish. 

I would love a current standard FR47. The Freight dog conversion was a bit lacking. 

I'm ALWAYS on the look out for PCM MkXIVs. They're getting very thin on the ground these days, wish who ever has the molds would put 'em back into production. The FR47 has a definite "cool factor " going on!