TTModelworks 1/32 AD-5 (A-1E) Skyraider

thaipham101

3 hours ago, Danjo said:

That will be a good scale for that jet and if tooled correctly will render a

T-37 as well!

In my days of wine and roses, I attempted to convert the ancient Aurora 1/48 T-37 into an A-37.  :BANGHEAD2:
If I remember correctly, there’s as much difference between a T-37 and an A-37 than between a T-38 Talon and a F-5F.

Had plans to go the other way with the Monogram A-37 years ago. You are correct in that it is essentially a different airframe and conversion either way would be difficult.

• 4 weeks later...

If I understood Thai correctly, he would be producing an entirely new kit of the AD-5 then a kit of the AD-5W, not just a conversion set to modify Paul's A-1E conversion. Please correct me if I am wrong, Thai.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2024 at 7:48 PM, TimNT said:

If I understood Thai correctly, he would be producing an entirely new kit of the AD-5 then a kit of the AD-5W, not just a conversion set to modify Paul's A-1E conversion. Please correct me if I am wrong, Thai.

Tim

On 4/16/2024 at 1:53 PM, MustangManiac said:

Did I read you correctly that there's hope of getting a -5W conversion even though Paul's is impossible to find these days?

yeah I'm not planning to do a conversion but a full kit

Hi guys, a small update

Thanks for TimNT's recommendation I fixed the horizontal tail and elevator to look more "square" on the tip. Disregard the wonky outer end of the elevator, I've been experimenting with a new resin and it's kinda shitty.

A lot of people in the 3D printing community recommended the Sunlu ABS-like resin so I've been trying it out while I'm AWOL from this site. I don't really like it bth, so I'm doing so preliminary prints with it without the full detail to get a hang of it. Not ideal for scale model I'd say, using up the last bit of it then I'll do maintenance on my printers, change the FEPs, and reprint the whole thing in the original 8K resin which seems to be better. Anyway, some pics of the wing with most of the surface details on minus small bits here and there. I did correct the wingtip tho, it turned out too rounded on the leading edge side, not a hard fix. I'm waiting for the 8K resin to arrive then I'll print the whole thing for y'all to see, hope I can run it in time to show off at IPMS Houston's Model Mania the next Saturday. I'll give y'all update next week if it's a go or not so if you're in the area you can come and take a look of it in person.

1000006338.jpg

1000006339.jpg

On 3/20/2024 at 12:28 PM, quang said:

In my days of wine and roses, I attempted to convert the ancient Aurora 1/48 T-37 into an A-37.  :BANGHEAD2:
If I remember correctly, there’s as much difference between a T-37 and an A-37 than between a T-38 Talon and a F-5F.

yeah I was the other way around, trying to convert the A-37 into T-37 just to find out that they're completely different. I swear they look the same man

43 minutes ago, quang said:

Great progress, Thai. Will you have a complete airframe to show at IPMS Houston or just the wings?

currently waiting to clean up and do maintenance on the printers but I'm pretty sure I'll have the complete airframe or at least the airframe minus stuffs for the rear compartment, I'm printing test pieces for the control surfaces and engine cowl right now.