F104 G Starfighter USAF

Thx Chuck, yep, in the worst case scenario (NMF doesn't work - I swich over to metalizer paints) I'll have to rescribe everything, but even so - I hope it would be better than what it was. There were several ''types of thicknesses'' of the panel lines - some were actually very refined and realistic, but most of them (90%+) made the panels look like... front teeth - two miles apart... :) Maybe it's because the convex lines of the metal castings wear over time, and my kit was a ''newer'' run, and... I don't know... maybe I didn't get lucky with this exact kit, but I doubt it is a design flaw. The box says ''the body designs are under license by Lockheed Martin''. Either way, the aluminum foil enhances every crevice, scratch or line, and if the edges of the panels (foil) slop down smoothly into the deep panel line, it is just unrealistic. 

The intakes are mounted, finally. I prefer not to paint the ''red'' fasteners in red... actually, I might do it as a final touch during the weathering... 

20240504-161149.jpg

20240504-161240.jpg

This is just a test fit without any treatment of the aluminum foil:

20240504-175759.jpg

Then, I prepped the aluminum surfaces adjacent to the intakes... working this aluminum foil is a veeeery dirty thing. This is the nose section after 1500 and 2000 grit sandpapers:

20240505-124551.jpg

And after a polishing compound + rivetting + 4000 + 8000 + 12000 grit sandpapers, only around the intakes:

20240506-165921.jpg

And with the intakes. The panel lines are filled and are drying as well: 

20240507-183616.jpg

20240507-183635.jpg