IJAAF Ki-61-1 ko, otsu, hei, and tei (a, b, c, and d) cockpit coloration?

Hey all,

What's the consensus of the latest research on the Ki-61-1 ko through tei (a through d) cockpit coloration? 

I've read on Nick Millman's site, Aviation of Japan, that early Ki-61-1's had blue-grey interiors.  There's photographic evidence supporting this at the aforementioned site.  The article (if you could call it that) says this is primarily for early Ki-61's so I'm not entirely sure what color came AFTER the early ones and where the break might be?  I've heard that all short-nosed Ki-61's had the blue-grey cockpit and the long-nosed variant (Ki-61-1 Tei [d]) had olive colored cockpit/interior.  I have no supporting documentation for that, it was provided by a fellow club member at the last meeting.

Anybody have any information to corroborate/refute that supposition?  Nick's site isn't the easiest to search through so if there's other information out there and you know where it is, please post.  I'm not even going to mention the RLM 79/Sand color that a lot of us, including yours truly, had come to use in our models; apparently, that's just not correct.

20 hours ago, nmayhew said:

You want to join this FB group where there are quite a few Japanese and specifically Ki-61 experts

i have a Hien build just starting and they were super helpful 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ki61Tony/permalink/6728004643970284/

Thanks for that.   I applied for membership but Nick Millman provided me with some very good information on Tony as did Ryan Toews.