Revell Hurricane Mk IIc - is it coming or not?

Anders_Isaksson

On 11/27/2023 at 10:57 PM, Anders_Isaksson said:

Sorry if I sound a bit... well, but I feel it has been an rather long time since the initial Mk IIb release by now.

Anyone who knows if/when the Mk IIc is coming?

:huh:

A long time...:blink: ...!?!

It looks you forgot Revell is usually waiting two or three years before releasing different versions of the same plane! I think this will not come before end of 2024 at the soonest (if Revell did not decide to change their strategy of kit release). 

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Kenneth said:

Revell published their new releases for January-April 2024, and the only 1/32 aircraft are reissues of the Alouette II helicopter and an ancient F-16A. There were four years between the releases of their 1/32 P-51D „early“ and „late“ versions…

In light of all that ,it'll be a bit before we see anything , if history is any indication. CRAP! Oh well, still gots a lot in the stash pile.

On 11/29/2023 at 2:58 PM, mywifehatesmodels said:

Look on the bright side. It will probably come out before their Do-17Z. 

Forgive my interruption, and not knowing, but is ICM supposed to put out an LSP flying pencil or is this talk about their 48th scale version (which I thought was already out)?

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Forgive my interruption, and not knowing, but is ICM supposed to put out an LSP flying pencil or is this talk about their 48th scale version (which I thought was already out)?

It was more of a joke. Several years ago, when Revell was still making the 1/32 Ju-88 kits, there was talk of whether or not they would do a Do 17. Some seemed convinced it would happen. I remember seeing similar talk about a Ju 188.:lol:

John

Since Revell put the bits such as cannons in the box to do a MkIIc Hurricane, you'd think they would eventually put out a whole MkIIc.  Or am I being too logical???

On the subject of Revell, whatever happened to their Meteor offering slated for an October release??  Anyone heard?

Cheers,

Michael

34 minutes ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Since Revell put the bits such as cannons in the box to do a MkIIc Hurricane, you'd think they would eventually put out a whole MkIIc.  Or am I being too logical???

On the subject of Revell, whatever happened to their Meteor offering slated for an October release??  Anyone heard?

Cheers,

Michael

Logic, what is this logic that you speak of? This is scale modelling there is no logic. Seriously though . what else are we going to need to do a IIc? We're going to have to have wing ammo panels with blisters and I can't think of anything else ,someone help this old fart [me] in what else we're going to need. Oh yeah , decals for this version.