Trumpeter F-105G - Comments, Suggestions and Aftermarket Bits

John1

I guess you already know this (don’t you?) but the F version is not a G with a silver paint, there are some differences (I mean external differences) Some of them: remove the back fairing, the two air scoops on both sides at the rear of the fuselage, etc.... there are a couple more on the wings (speed brakes???!!!) on the nose, these series  vents on the left side , list is longer than these one , experts will complet it 

Alain

a quick search, I came across this , it’s a D , but the changes are valid for an F  ,

https://www.hyperscale.com/features/2001/f105dda_2.htm

Edited by alain11

3 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Without saying much, as I already have far too many outstanding project commitments, this aircraft is still in my plans. Especially u/c and canopy. The Cutting edge canopy did not really fix the issue. The canopy issue in the kit is it is not OMEGA shaped as it should be, the problem many kits have due to the difficulty of moulding that shape, especially injection moulding the shape unless slide moulds are used, which obviously gets a lot more expensive.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

There is a lot still on the market for the G, including Reskit's tail fin replacement. Please give some love to the D Thud.

This "project" is a bit different than my usual MO.   I saw the kit on sale, jumped to buy it and figured I'd work out the details after the fact (research on differences between the F and G, availability of parts, decals, issues with the kit, etc.  Normally I have all my ducks lined up before I start spending $.  

Regarding building an F, yeah, it appears that may not be practical.  Not the end of the world but I guess it's all a moot point.   Given the apparent complete lack of aftermarket decals, this project is on the shelf of doom before I even opened the box!   Appreciate all the helpful info regardless. 

4 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Without saying much, as I already have far too many outstanding project commitments, this aircraft is still in my plans. Especially u/c and canopy. The Cutting edge canopy did not really fix the issue. The canopy issue in the kit is it is not OMEGA shaped as it should be, the problem many kits have due to the difficulty of moulding that shape, especially injection moulding the shape unless slide moulds are used, which obviously gets a lot more expensive.

Yes please. My F-105G Weasel canopy parts — windshield and two hoods —  have a cold mould seam running through them and I've been after replacement/improved parts for twenty years. 

If you need them when you have a slot to tackle these I will gladly donate them.

Adding a little chunkiness to the hoods' inner lower framing would also be welcomed.

To John1, ResKit are working on the Thud and the Standard ARM and Shrikes plus new pylons are a major improvement over the kit parts. The Trumpy missiles are a bit anaemic. 

Tony 

14 hours ago, John1 said:

Regarding building an F, yeah, it appears that may not be practical.  Not the end of the world but I guess it's all a moot point.   Given the apparent complete lack of aftermarket decals, this project is on the shelf of doom before I even opened the box!   Appreciate all the helpful info regardless. 

Your project to build a silver F is a good challenge, don't give up, down grading the G version, isn't that hard , I did it on the single seat D ( the one with the shark mouth :D) , and I am not that we call a " skillful modeler."...Well , these are no decals available at the 1/32 ?? !!! I remember I up sized 1/48 decals to the bigger scale, and did my own masks   (Star n bars, letterings etc....) the stencils were from my spare box .... let's go

Alain