Res-Kit Landing Gear for 1/32 F-14D

steinerman

Hi Peoples,

Unless I'm hallucinating, I saw, sometime ago, a blurb from Res-Kit indicating that a landing gear set for 1 1/32 scale F-14D was forthcoming. Their catalog lists a set for 1/48 scale but none yet for 1/32. Does anyone know if this is still in the works, or did they figure the demand wasn't there?

Thanks, 

Steiner

I am very interested to hear the feed back on these sets, as you may know I have some brass sets with 3D printed parts, which do offer the strength. These do look amazing and have incredible detail, and I know that they have strengthened metal rods within. However one of their previous sets I put]r chased to evaluate in 1/48 for the Mig25, I found it extremely difficult to remove the actual part from all the supports. 
Therefore it will be great to hear the feedback once you guys have bought these and used them on a build, we always need to strive for better, but that needs to be in details and use ability of the parts.

The jetmads Viggen also comes with 3D printed landing gear and that is a very heavy resin kit. The landing gear has no problem supporting the weight of the kit. I would be afraid how it would handle lateral movement though but I would not recommend that with any kit.

With a metal rod in the core I am confident that it would hold up just fine

Niels 

37 minutes ago, Zola25 said:

The jetmads Viggen also comes with 3D printed landing gear and that is a very heavy resin kit. The landing gear has no problem supporting the weight of the kit. I would be afraid how it would handle lateral movement though but I would not recommend that with any kit.

With a metal rod in the core I am confident that it would hold up just fine

Niels 

Good to know your thoughts, just remember though parts always break at the NEW weakest point, so if a typical 90 degree bend is not supported in both directions then it will break. What I mean is if the main strut is supported, but that does not transfer to the horizontal axle then that will be where the strut is now the weakest. Depending on the axle size and the diameter of the wheel, the larger the wheel, the worse it will be with leverage forces. 

On 9/8/2023 at 12:43 PM, Ali62 said:

I am very interested to hear the feed back on these sets, as you may know I have some brass sets with 3D printed parts, which do offer the strength. These do look amazing and have incredible detail, and I know that they have strengthened metal rods within. However one of their previous sets I put]r chased to evaluate in 1/48 for the Mig25, I found it extremely difficult to remove the actual part from all the supports. 
Therefore it will be great to hear the feedback once you guys have bought these and used them on a build, we always need to strive for better, but that needs to be in details and use ability of the parts.

Apologies for the aside but does the ResKit 1/48 Foxbat gear incorporate metal rods within, and does it correct the light gait of the kit parts (i.e showing a bit more gear compression)? 

I have 3 Foxbats to build so am very curious about this set. i had one in my Big H basket but cancelled it to trim the order. 

Back on thread, I love the 1/32 Aerocraft LG set for the Trumpeter F-14D (not to mention the vastly improved Aerocraft  canopy parts!). However, I do like the way ResKit include decals for the strut placards. Somebody like Airscale ought to make a generic set of jet hydraulic placards. 

Cheers

Tony 

Edited by Tony T
edit