A-20G Metal Landing Gear??

Rowen

Warning: don’t look if you are a dedicated landing gear bay detailer. This is my workaround for strengthening the nose gear using the Aerocraft upgrade:

EBuOISr.jpg

Oy24yhY.jpg

This way the nose gear is supported and removable. Believe me this is not my preferred solution but it will get the job done.

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Ok now I fully realise the issue with this section. In my defence I was leant the front u/c parts, and not the wheel bay parts and had no instructions. However I should have looked at everything better, and if so could have extended the brass shaft even more, I thought my extension was going to be enough, although not accurate would have secured the design. So what I intend to do now is make a purpose built support, using Tom’s thoughts above, and will make that new 3D printed part available to those that want and need it. Once again it will not be 100% prototypical accurate but it will offer the support that the model requires. 

At this point please do not swamp me with requests I will get the part drawn and printed, check it out and then get hold of all the customers on an individual basis that way I will have better control over the situation.

I am still going to look at the main undercarriage as some guys still want that improving and there are similar support issues that I noticed, so I need to explore the engineering correctly on that before making new parts.

Thanks for all the input on this, Chuck D and especially Tom, for showing a solution. I will endeavour to make working solution using the brass part supplied with a new 3D resin support part to provide the best support for the model.

Edited by Ali62