Bf110-G4

denders

From what I've been able to glean from historical data, the Bf-110 fell to the same problems as the JAAF Ki-45, which was more successfull at night[ B-29 killer]

1 minute ago, Dennis7423 said:

Was it by chance, Ernst-Wilhelm Modrow?

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

YES! That 's him

I've always been a sucker for night fighters, I'd like to see a good Bf-110G come out, maybe it'll happen. Always liked the P-61 Hobby boss blew it as far as I'm concerned [ Gee Wally, there's a surprise!]. I'm currently in the midst of building the Ki-45 and it's going to be the later night fighter version. Sooooo in light of that , A Bf-110 G4 would be right up my alley!

16 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Seems odd since they released 5 versions  C,D,E.    :shrug:

Not odd at all: all three are more or less the same basic molds with a few additional parts. My point is they got out of the 1/32nd scale entirely. The kits were all released well over 10 years ago. What other 32-scale aircraft followed (other than the P-51 Mustang)?

Besides, as I have said before on other threads, you guys think like modelers, not like businessmen. I understand, the heart wants what it wants, and I wish they had released the G-4, even though I bought the AIMS conversion, despite suspecting it will be a ***** to build.

3 minutes ago, fab said:

4 pages about a 110g4...i think that enought to argue for a Bussiness plan!:D

Amities

Fab

Ps...any news about a ZM Arado 234N?

I concur, there seems to be a great deal of interest in this version. As there are 2 examples in existence, ok a -2 and a -4, someone should really look into this . Understand of course that WE are a small group and most of the "Joe six packs " don't really know the differences

2 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I have no doubt one would sell but have serious doubts someone else will invest in 110 LSP molds. If the Dragon kit was a dog, this could be possibly different but the kit is terrific even if the instructions are never up to the quality of their kits.

Here's where 3D may save us: the software work to make the parts needed to modify the original Dragon kit is FAAAAAAR less-expensive than new physical molds. Who here wouldn't pay $200 for the base kit and the wings + nacelles, canopy and big tail pieces to build Schnaufer's last ride?

You guys who are strictly propeller-heads may not be aware of Vargas Models which are taking the armor world by storm: basically 8-10 piece kits that have tracks, wheels AND the hull tub pre-made via 3D printing. The folks buying them are more-interested in painting and decalling the builds than spending 100+ hours with tiny parts and photo etch, plus individual link tracks.

https://vargas-lg.myshopify.com/

The hobby is changing faster than we oldsters are aware of.

We just need a crazy mofo amongst us with the coding skills to pull this off.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Bill Cross