Discuss and open the boxes!

Yesterday was the time of the modelling exhibition in my town. This is a nice small regional event but there is always a friendly mood. This gave me the opportunity to shake the hand of modellers I did not see for years. As I was wandering along the tables, I suddenly saw a small pile of 1/32 kits with a Ju88 and an Avenger sold for 70€ per box. I had no major interest in them as I already own them but I started discussing with the seller who explained me he was a builder of LSP but also love wood boats and his wife fostered him to make a choice. He choose the big boats and decided to progressively sell the plastic kits. Then I saw a small label on the Trumpeter Avenger box. He explained to me this was a French distributor special edition with additional resin parts and decals. I was curious and asked to have a look... OMG!!! Wrong idea! :wow:The box was literally crammed with resin cockpit, tons of Eduard sets, additional decals, pilot figure and various other items including many aftermarket items I never found! And when the guy saw my face, he showed me the Junkers box contents. Same thing but with even more sets, Archer rivets, He111 torpedo sprues, AIMS and CMK sets, a magazine article, a book and scale plans! I guess I probably looked like a child who was entering for the first time in a toy shop! :frantic: There were at least 500€ of goodies in the two boxes, notwithstanding the rarity of some references. The guy was even willing to give me an additional discount but I could not accept what I would have felt to become a rip-off. Useless to say I had to prepare myself to explain to my wife I could not let go such an opportunity...:rolleyes: Conclusion: never hesitate to talk to people and ask for opening the boxes! Your wallet may cry but you could also find incredible bargains!!!