Real Model 2020 hot news

Miloslav1956

It's a little curious that the UK seems to be singled out for the ceasing of orders. I thought that most European countries now require VAT / sales-tax to be collected by the seller and then passed on to the relevant government.  

Or is it just the UK? 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

13 minutes ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

It's a little curious that the UK seems to be singled out for the ceasing of orders. I thought that most European countries now require VAT / sales-tax to be collected by the seller and then passed on to the relevant government.  

Or is it just the UK? 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

Real Model will have a single EU wide VAT registration, which is pretty much automated, covering all of the EU countries.

The UK makes foreign companies, in foreign countries, who sell to the UK, to register, calculate the VAT, collect it, do the paperwork, then forward the hard cash to HMRC. For free.

If the sales to the UK are minimal, I don't blame them for avoiding extra paperwork. Many smallish companies abroad are doing the same. 

2 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Real Model will have a single EU wide VAT registration, which is pretty much automated, covering all of the EU countries.

The UK makes foreign companies, in foreign countries, who sell to the UK, to register, calculate the VAT, collect it, do the paperwork, then forward the hard cash to HMRC. For free.

If the sales to the UK are minimal, I don't blame them for avoiding extra paperwork. Many smallish companies abroad are doing the same. 

Our company is not a VAT payer. In addition, registering for VAT in the UK, paying for an accountant, is not worth it for us. Unfortunately, free trade within the EU has become the height of bureaucracy.

A solution can be found. Contact me by email.