Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid) just arrived

Starfighter Jock

On 3/29/2023 at 8:15 AM, Archimedes said:

:m0152:

Mine arrived today too! I am absolutely thrilled as it has been well worth the wait.  The note from Mark Robson in particular was a really thoughtful touch - I particualarly liked the teaser from him about taking a look at what the old (surprisingly profitable) Matchbox company used to make "I have been thinking a great deal about the model company Matchbox. Contrary to most opinions about this brand, the plastic modelling division was apparently nicely profitable.....The principle of 4-5 sure fire sellers and then a risky subject serves as an example to me." I can only wish Kotare the very best for their future and I hope they sell huge numbers of this first kit, have many releases of whatever they choose to produce, whatever their strategy. Their first product itself is peerless. Wonderful. :)

Kind regards,

Paul

Wow interesting. Well Matchbox did an early 109 and Lysander in 1/32 both of which I’d be up for. ( Tho the re released Dragon 109 ain’t bad ) Just saying. Richard if you’re reading this…?

Edited by Pup7309

3 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Wow interesting. Well Matchbox did an early 109 and Lysander in 1/32 both of which I’d be up for. ( Tho the re released Dragon 109 ain’t bad ) Just saying. Richard if you’re reading this…?

Hi Pup, I have no inside track but an early 109 seems both obvious and aligned with Mark Robson's quote about the Matchbox model (4-5 sellers and 1 risky project). The Lysander not so much but, honestly, I am just happy to sit back and watch what they produce because, straight out of the gate, they have created what is probably already the definitive Mk1 Spitfire for a long time to come. 

Kind regards,

Paul

On 3/31/2023 at 2:45 AM, Archimedes said:

Hi Pup, I have no inside track but an early 109 seems both obvious and aligned with Mark Robson's quote about the Matchbox model (4-5 sellers and 1 risky project). The Lysander not so much but, honestly, I am just happy to sit back and watch what they produce because, straight out of the gate, they have created what is probably already the definitive Mk1 Spitfire for a long time to come. 

Kind regards,

Paul

Thanks mate yeah maybe the Lysander will be the risky no5. With 109 in the first 4. The other 2 anyone’s guess. Just good to sit back and watch what comes next 

:yahoo: