1/32 De Havilland DH-100 Vampire Mk.6 J-1200

CarstenB

Hi Carsten,
I am so glad I stumbled across this build. It seems we have a similar (long-term :rolleyes:) project - building SAF aircraft! At the moment I am working on J-3098, of course with Robert's excellent decal set waiting in the background. I hope the following link works - it is from the Swiss Vampire at Duebendorf. If you zoom in you will find the correct wording. If you have any other areas you are unsure of, I photographed this aircraft and may have some pictures. Let me know. Tony

Edited by SwissFighters

• 2 weeks later...
Swiss Vampire F.6 Fuselage

Hi Carsten, I found another photo showing the other side of the fuselage where, perhaps unique to this aircraft, or Swiss Vampires (I am not sure), there is no marking associated with the port inlet. The Goldband marking I posted above is found on Robert's MC decal sheet and he also has nothing for the inlet above. Tony

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd add a picture of the underside of a Vampire I randomly found sitting on the top of a pole in one of Melbourne's (Australia) outer suburban shopping centres. It was quite a surprise to find it there. I was able to get a clear shot of the gun ports, showing their relative spacing. Not a common perspective.

IMG_4524

Edited by SwissFighters

4 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Where's that one at? Can't say I've ever seen it!

Kev

Hi Kev,

It's in Central West Shopping Centre, Braybrook. Aircraft A79-321.

Totally caught me by surprise. Of course, I had to stop to have a look...

It has an odd, assymetrical intake arrangement I've never seen before as well.

Tony

8 hours ago, SwissFighters said:

Hi Kev,

It's in Central West Shopping Centre, Braybrook. Aircraft A79-321.

Totally caught me by surprise. Of course, I had to stop to have a look...

It has an odd, assymetrical intake arrangement I've never seen before as well.

Tony

Thanks, Tony. I'll have to look it up!

Kev

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @geedubelyer I had to put it away since I was very frustrated removing all the rivets and rescratching all the panel lines. What a p*** in the a** :wacko:

Currently I am continuing my Mirage III S. But I am sure, I will continue with the Vampi. I just need to find am easier way the remove the reverts, since the Swiss Vampi has almost all reverts cleaned.

Stay tuned.

Cheers

Carsten

On 6/9/2023 at 3:06 AM, SwissFighters said:

Hi Carsten,
I am so glad I stumbled across this build. It seems we have a similar (long-term :rolleyes:) project - building SAF aircraft! At the moment I am working on J-3098, of course with Robert's excellent decal set waiting in the background. I hope the following link works - it is from the Swiss Vampire at Duebendorf. If you zoom in you will find the correct wording. If you have any other areas you are unsure of, I photographed this aircraft and may have some pictures. Let me know. Tony

Hi @SwissFighters

Sorry for the very late reply. I was so frustrated removing the rivets and rescratching the panel lines so I had to put it away. In the mean time I started my own business and therefore, I had to take a break.

But now, I am back. :D But for the moment I am working on the J-2336 Geronimo.

Thank you for all the updates on the Vampi thread. Very helpful and much appreciated. :bow:

As soon as I am back with the Vampi, I will post more pictures of the progress. It came to my thoughts that maybe I will start from scratch again. I do have another box in stock with all the add-ons. I just need to find an easy way to remove all the rivets without destroying the panel lines. And there are 1000000000000 of them. :D

Cheers

Carsten