Hasegawa Ki-61 Hei

Alain Gadbois

Hi all,

Working to finish the rivets on the right fuselage halve, and getting the cockpit ready for painting.

To replicate the worn metal on the cockpit floor, I tried using bare metal foil, to be revealed by scratching the paint in appropriate areas. In other places, worn surfaces will be done with paint.

9majKbD.jpg

The adhesion wan’t to great so I touched up some corners of the Bare Metal foil with tiny bits of CA glue.

All was well until I noticed that somehow CA got on the fuselage side being riveted! 7 or 8 drops, some managing to get on rivets or panel lines…

bnA9fB8.jpg

Quick work with X-acto and sanding seems to have saved the day!

OVsCLlq.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Alain

On 5/30/2023 at 6:22 PM, Alain Gadbois said:

... somehow CA got on the fuselage side being riveted! 7 or 8 drops, some managing to get on rivets or panel lines…

... aaaaghh, hate when that happens  :angry2:   :doh:     Nice fix Alain.

4 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

... aaaaghh, hate when that happens  :angry2:   :doh:     Nice fix Alain.

The crazy thing I don’t know how this happened, as I used a tiny drop on the tip on a blade to touch up lifted areas of the foil, then 10 times more, somehow, unnoticed, flew out of the tube and unto the fuselage!

I was trying to do 2 things at the same time, that’s the real mistake here!

Should have put the fuselage away when taking out the CA glue!

Luckily it was still softish after a couple minutes so I could scrape and sand rescribe quite easily.

Alain