Tamiya 1/12 Ducati Panigale 1199.

Jeff T

Hey all,

This is something right out of left field for me, my first ever motorbike model, ..I have always liked the look of Tamiya's Motorbike kits when done well, even though I have absolutely no interest in motorbikes at all, so when I needed a bit of a break from my P-47 build that I was doing, I grabbed two kits for a change of subject,  a Takom 1/35 Stug lll Ausf G, and this one from Tamiya, ...what a breath of fresh air doing them was! .....and got me out of a bit of a rut I was in.

These Tamiya bike kits are brilliant, but I had a couple of issues due to operator error I would say, one of them was attaching the rear view mirrors, ...what an absolute PIA they were, I must have had twenty go's at them before I got them to stick!

I also used the Tamiya Fork upgrade set, these are just gorgeous!

Anyway, I enjoyed this build, and have learnt some things for my next one...

The Panigale decal is missing from this side because I had an accident with the fairing after it was finished, and had to repaint it, and I didnt have another decal to replace it.:BANGHEAD2:

9qFzLBE.jpg

zfW83LZ.jpg

0ASXIPu.jpg

sD94TTT.jpg

cB06h7S.jpg

zJEEYfM.jpg

0XD1PAf.jpg

LevJCPx.jpg

a8ChX1X.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jeff.

Edited by Jeff T

1 hour ago, markiii said:

Nice build for your 1st bike!

And those mirrors are the worst part of that kit..

I had issues with them also.

Thanks Mark,  yeah, I ended up putting some small strips of Tamiya Tape at the base of them to cover the marks on the clear part from the multiple attempts at glueing them on, and painted them black....I’ll just say that the owner had a problem there and had to put some duct tape on it…:lol:

Looking at the pics, I need to adjust the fairing on the right side a touch too.

Jeff.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks gorgeous!  I built the "S" version of this bike with the red and white paint job.

I say this every time someone posts a Tamiya 1/12 bike kit, but these are some of the most fun you can have in the world of scale modeling.

Anyone looking at this who hasn't tried one or thinks a motorcycle is outside your area of interest, try one!  

They are magnificent kits!