Another look at the RoG 1/32 109G-6 beule

Steve C

Take a look at the 1:06 mark in this video.

I wonder if this particular aircraft was the inspiration for the somewhat deflated beule as supplied in the RoG 109G-6.  Granted this is a restored aircraft so there is room for variance compared to a factory aircraft.  

Thanks for this. Revell obviously used the same technical source as the mostly-new build. 

For some reason I have an extra set of Barracuda beules. I must have had a senior moment and bought three sets when only two were required! 

The emerging Zukei-Mura 109G looks nice but overly complicated whereas the Revell G-6 is much cheaper and pretty good fitted with Brassin bronze legs. Am looking forward to Revell's G-2/4 next April. I like the mid-range Bf 109s a lot (but just can't get into the Fw 190, even the more elegant Dora). 

Tony 

9 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

@Radub didn't you do the design work for Revell on the 109??

I was part of the research group that helped with literature and data. The actual CAD work was done by someone else.

Arthur Bentley provided some data too. The line drawings I created for the model, based on Arthur's data, were "cleaned/polished" and published in Brett Green's book on "building the Revell Bf 109". The first "production meeting" for the Revell Bf 109 took place in Arthur's home on my 40th birthday. You just could not make that up. :mellow:

Radu

Edited by Radub