Galland's JV44 Me262 A-1a decals

AlanG

Just been in conversation with Ernst Peddinghaus (of Peddinghaus-decals) regarding their JV44 decals. They are quite extensive in 1/48 scale but not so much in 1/32 scale. But he's just let me know that he is going to be releasing the 1/32 scale decals for Galland's JV44 Me262 A-1a by the end of this month. Now looking at the 1/48 decals i'm wondering if he means Me262 a-1a W.Nr 210534 (White 3) which was flown by Galland and Franz Stigler. Or it could just be Galland's 'Double Chevron'  mount.

Guess we'll wait and see. Thought i'd just let those interested know :)

Hmm. There is no such Werknummer for an Me 262. And certainly not for “White 3”.  It does work for a Fw 190 D-9.

With regards to “White Double Chevron”, it’s camouflage and markings indicate that it was from the 500xxx Werknummer series. 

Cheers,

David

Did Galland fly both "White 3" and "white double chevron" with JG 44?  I have seen decal sheets showing both markings, in fact I have White 3 for a future build.  I am confused, but that should not alarm anyone. 

I want to model both a Papagei Staffel D9 and Galland's plane at the time they were both active in JG 44.  

Any info is appreciated.