Shapeways 1/32 Apache rotorhead

thierry laurent

As I was looking for some helicopter parts on Shapeways, I found that: 

https://www.shapeways.com/product/JDBSPJWJU/1-32-scale-boeing-ah-64-apache-detailed-rotorhead :blink:

This looks to be very nice but the price is totally insane. :wacko: I'm wondering about the logic behind that as this seems to be the perfect strategy to be sure very few people if any are going to purchase your accessoires! Or do I miss something...? :hmmm:

Is it just me but it looks like just the head and you will not be able to attach the rotor blades. But other than that it looks like a nice item for a diorama maybe.

You're right. I thought the same as they copied the full scale rotor head. So, this oviously asks for modification of the kit blade parts. This is not really surprising as they made the parts to be printed in various scales and each kit has a different design to fix the blades on the rotor head.

Shapeways would be a great venue to release an “A” and “D” instrument panel. The Kangnam/Academy kits have mold release holes in the middle of them, amidst the dials.

Cheers,  Tom

I think I would want to see a print at $92 the prints they produce is in that semi opaque clear plastic with some axis have noted build lines, it takes a lot of work to get them right.

Bob