MH-6M Little Bird

To be fair, we’re talking about heavy bullet subsonic .300 Blackout with a suppressor on a short barrel, which runs maybe in the mid 120 dB range?Running supersonic 5.56 from a short barrel with a suppressor isn’t even on the same planet.  With a 16” barrel, most decent cans run about 134-136 dB, and that’s still pretty loud.  Running 5.56 from a 10.5” or 11.5” barrel is even louder, and usually runs pretty close to the 140 dB “hearing safe” limit.  Granted, it’s not like the mid to upper 160 dBs you get from unsuppressed 5.56.

52 minutes ago, The Madhatter said:

Pete - you are a master of Helicopters. Very inspiring work that makes me want to build my Dragon version of this little beast.

I envy your figure painting skills too. I've bookmarked this thread for later reference

Thank you. That is kind of you to say-

I gotta say, I’m a jet guy, with a proclivity for helicopters. Oliver and Jorge are the helicopter yoda’s around here..and if Timmy! Would ever build a CH-53, we’d all be blown away. 
I would love to see you get after the Dragon kit! It is a great kit-
I am still learning the figure painting thing, and am happy to share my successes and failures..appreciate the kind words. Figures tend to be a stumbling point for us aircraft modelers, but if we don’t try, then we’ll never improve, right? So I just keep hacking at them! 

cheers

Pete

Hi Pete, great build, I'm following it eagerly, especially since I have the same arrangement in line. Did you check if the SOF dude who holds on to the fast rope rack fits the -6M model? What is pictured on LiveResin's renders looks like an earlier version with older troop boards that sit lower (meaning further from the rack).

Alex

16 minutes ago, bomba22 said:

Hi Pete, great build, I'm following it eagerly, especially since I have the same arrangement in line. Did you check if the SOF dude who holds on to the fast rope rack fits the -6M model? What is pictured on LiveResin's renders looks like an earlier version with older troop boards that sit lower (meaning further from the rack).

Alex

Hi Alex,

I have not checked yet, but I did notice the issue you mention..If you get there before I do, I’d love to hear what you find!

Thanks for watching too! Would love to see yours as well-

cheers

Pete

On the SOF operator: I kind of tested, and his butt is level with the door opening or a bit above. This suggests modern troop boards (I have a photo but have no idea how to insert it here, sorry). The problem is that I have a -6J kit with a different fast rope system, yours might differ.

On 7/23/2021 at 10:40 AM, matt_1185 said:

Hey Pete! Where is a valid place to order the live resin figures? I saw some on eBay but they looked to be replicas as the price seemed low…. Thank you sir! And wonderful job so far on the little bird!

I have had success with this website: Live Resin - unfinished paintable resin figures in 1/35 scale. Accessories for military dioramas, armor models, model kits (live-resin.com)

Chris

Sorry I missed the reply.

Edited by Dadeo911

11 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

Pete, was watching some YT videos of the incoming landings for Oshkosh 21 and saw 2 L-39's land.

Are you up there this year???

Tim

Hey Tim-

That question probably fits this thread (link below) more appropriately-

Ask here

but no, wasn’t me. Skipping Oshkosh this year- too much other stuff going on

cheers

P

• 3 weeks later...