Tamiya Decals

Chris_B-1B

I'm having issues with Tamiya decals (1/32 MkXVIe Spitfire).  They basically shattered when I put Mr. Mark Setter on them.  Any thoughts or suggestions on using Tamiya decals (found a new set on eBay that I'm going to try again)?   They seem pretty thick.

Thanks,

Chris

I started a thread here, “is it just me?” Because I’ve had so many decal failures lately (lately being a relative term, because I’ve had trouble with decals as long as I can remember)

I did recently have an issue with Tamiya decals which, as far as I know, was fixed using Tamiya “Mark Setter Strong”.

just a thought.

take any advice I give with salt because I may be jinxed when it comes to decals!

Strange Mr Mark Setter broke them up as it was the best for the Japanese "thicker decal" I know they have buggered about with the formula to comply with some "new" regulations.

I have never had any problems but still on old type (I have a stash), I remember I saw a video of Tamiya decal being applied to a car model using the Mr products and a HAIRDRYER it was a bit interesting but it worked !!

Bob

21 minutes ago, Bob MDC said:

I remember I saw a video of Tamiya decal being applied to a car model using the Mr products and a HAIRDRYER it was a bit interesting but it worked !!

Yeah, I've used a hairdryer on Tamiya decals many times, and it generally works quite well. But, you do have to be careful about not warping the model!

Kev