EZ Masks Recommendation???

ivanmoe

This vendor is Canada-based and sells canopy masks for model planes with payment by international money order.

Assuming that at least a few members of the group are familiar with his operation, would someone be good enough to provide feedback on his reliability and such?

Good or bad, it would be fine with me if you prefer to share your experiences via private message.

Thanks,

-Moe

Edited by ivanmoe

8 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Well I would  not send a money  by International  money transfer simply because its quite  a challenge..

The bank will want to know full name and address  of the 

person to whom the money is being sent. 

Then they will ask why  , what for etc   is the money going to that person... and it will take between 5-10 for the

International  money order to clear.

Why all this?

They will make enquiries. 

Its all about money laundering. 

The bank wants to are sure its not money for laundering. 

The money will get there but heck itd a long process 

but USA may be different.

I sent International  money order but never again. 

and I worked in Law Enforcement .

I would offer to pay by PayPal. 

if you pay using credit card and things go awry

you can claim money back from the bank as you used a Credit card.

Others here may say its OK to use IMO.

Hi there and thanks for responding,

I went so far as to contact the gentleman in search of particulars.

Among those cited in the exchange:

No Paypal

No credit cards

No personal checks

Payment by International money order only

Under different circumstances, I wouldn't even consider such a transaction.

However, I doubt that the total including shipping would exceed $50.

Then there's the reality that no model will survive my handling without canopy masks, especially subjects with lots of panes and complex shapes. ;)

USPS sells international money orders, BTW.

Hence, my query to the forum!

-Moe

You can try contacting Hobby House here in Ottawa.  They have a very good selection of Chris' EZ Masks in the store.  Chris' home/business is located just outside Ottawa in Smith's Falls.  You'll have to call Hobby House as they don't have a website (in today's day and age, really?!) but you'll probably be able to pay via credit card.  I don't know if they'll ship internationally but you can try.  I'd offer to go there myself for you but we're in a 28 day COVID lockdown with trips outside for essential shopping, medical appointments, etc only.  If you're so inclined, their phone number is 613-749-5245.

Mike

5 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

You gotta be kidding me that a vendor would only accept intl. money orders? I would stay away... what kit do you need to mask?

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

I've got four models in the queue, ICM Stearman, Hasegawa 109 F-4/Trop, Tamiya A6M2, all 1/32, and a 1/48 Monogram/Revell Kingfisher. Can't find masks for the Kingfisher, anywhere.

-Moe

I have used and followed Chris’ products for a long time now. As for his aversion to 21st century business practices, I have no idea why he is how he is. He seems to only want to deal with hobby house, also a technological backwater.  However both hobby house (Roger) and ezmasks (Chris) are legitimate and upstanding businesses that are not in the business of short changing anyone. I would buy with confidence from either business. 

On 12/28/2020 at 2:18 PM, ivanmoe said:

The product in question, "EZ Masks," appear to be made out of masking tape.

Guess the answer to your question, is absolutely nothing.

Moe,

They're cut from thin vinyl, not masking tape.

Mike

Edited by ax365
Added content

On 12/26/2020 at 4:22 AM, mpk said:

What's wrong with tape????? What on earth are you masking?

Can't speak for anyone else, but i'm kinda lazy and having used a lot of the Eduard mask sets, i have to admit i will never be able to do as good a job as these sets do. As for the EZ Mask sets, never heard of them. Have to say, i would absolutely support a "home team" company ( canadian ) but they would do well to make it easier to buy, and to release sets for current kits. What i did see on the product list are for kits 10-15 maybe longer years ago. Just my opinion...

Don