Finished Spitfire Mk.II

Thanks a lot guys!

Piet,

you are right, we are often the worst judges of our own stuff...

I always try to make "The Perfect" model, but i always end up with realizing, That there are some other guys which are always better. I just had a look on a P-40 which Rodney Williams made.... No comment... There is really every little screw and every lost hair from the painterman on the full size one... lol... Amazing!

A owner of a little hobbystore here in my town asked me the other day, what is with your Fw 190 project? I was a bit confused, but then i remembered, that i showed him my VERY old and VERY first old tool 190 F8. Must be 2 years ago. (i started my 2nd modeling time 2 years ago with this Spitfire, which was followed by the old tool 190 F8) I was proud to tell him that i won the contest on an expo in November last year with a Fw 190 D9. I told him a bit about the model, and he couldn´t stop wiggleing his ears.... :D Wiggle it.... just a little bit... :D Now he wants to see the "winner".

Oh btw, i have started some weeks agon, the gunbay of the Trump 262, but shhhttt ;)

Rato,

is that the round one under the left wing? I think so, because i had a little problem with it. When i wanted to glue the part you mentioned on, i noticed that the landing gear wouldn´t be able to retract. So i had to improvise a bit. I glued a plastic card with an hole to the forward edge. Maybe not the best solution, but it looks ok for me. On the next Mk.II i will shorten the cooler, for a better fit of the intake part.

Ango,

thanks much mate! The Spitfire is a beautiful bird, eh? :)

Matt,

no, nothing special on the exhaust. Just the kit part with a bit paint ;) :D

The LG is glued with Superglue, but it took me 30 minutes to get them fit like this. I was looking freaky without the fix... Like on the MotoX freestyle contes the "no hand, no feet" figure, you know what i mean?

Brad M,

thanks mate! ;) Hope you like it, when you see it... :D

However,

i have to paint an RC helicopter cowl now and after that i have a little job for someone to do. If that is done, i think i have the new Stuka on the bench. But at the moment my heard beats for the P-40.... unfortunately that is changing from day to day... :lol:

Thanks for the kind words mates, and Piet, i hope i don´t have made a friendship ONLY to Jay here ;)

Cheers guys,

Chris

WOW!!!

There is one more winner here gents... :lol:

What a beaty Chris...thumbs up!!!

"There goes the siren that warns of the air raid

Then comes the sound of the guns sending flak

Out for the scramble we've got to get airborne

Got to get up for the coming attack."

(Aces High - Iron Maiden) :D

Cheers buddy

Chris

Sweeeeet work mate, you have done a stunning job, you can be rightly proud of your efforts.

If I were you I would launch straight into the Stuka, this is for purely selfish reasons on my part as I really really want to build this kit but I am forcing myself to hold off as I have a few magazine projects to get done first and I want to reduce my fairly small stash (a New Years resolution). Hopefully by the time I get to build it Eagle Editions would have released their prop and Montex have done a set for the markings and more importantly the canopy! :D

Good luck on the next project and once again, nice Spit. (THE greatest fighter of all time)!

Excellent Chris. You have set a very high standard and now I have to get in to the garage and try to match it with the 1/24 version.

I accept the challenge!

I just bought the VFS P40 on ebay too, so I need Jay to show us how it's done. I am having a mental month, 2 109Gs, a Zero a Spit and a P40 at the same time in 1/24.

Cheers

Dave

Guest LSP_Jay L
Ya Chris, you have to watch out for that Jay! You will still think you are happy hippy friends and the next moment you are apparently a f@(n country song :D

:lol: blame Dave for that one, not me!

Seriously good work here Chris. your models areall to an incredibly high standard and I always enjoy looking at them, but this project really jumps out at me. You have done a superb job on this model my freind and I really love it.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Hi Chris,

Stunning mate, i think it's better than your 190 but then i am Spit fan. I have some picture's showing the crow bar that is attatched to the cockpit door painted red, how accurate this is i do not know, just thought i'd mention it.

Yes, yes and yes, a five bladed MKXIV is a must and i think that you should make a start right away, go on , off you go :D

Looking forwards to seeing your next Spit, sorry build.

Sav.

Hi guys,

thanks much for all the kind comments! I´m very glad you like my Spitfire! :D

This is a very nice site, for comparsion i posted the same pics on ARC, but never got such replys and kind comments like here on LSP!

Thanks guys, you are the greatest here! :lol:

Cheers,

Chris

Chris, what others have said tells it all. Still, it does come down to the fact that I am absolutely in awe of this build; it is simply stunning. You have achieved a level of realism that I can only wish to attain. It is just beautiful. Thank you SO much for sharing. I am SO not worthy...

Regards;

Jimbo